When your wife Hates Wrasses. Whats your go to for smaller reef safe fish ( 72 gallon)

OP
OP
southerntnreefer

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine are pretty active. I have two and they spend a good amount of time swimming in the water column. They do like to dart in and out of their burrow as well. They will school as I believe was mentioned by someone else, so if you get several that can be a real nice feature of your tank.
Weve got 6 blue reef chromis now. Figured that would be a good excuse to help the gobies come out. That was on the list to aquire next.

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Multiple feedings like anthias?
Meh, they don't need it. There's been a slightly deformed striped blenny swimming around in one of the tanks at my "local" Petco for over a year. A couple feedings a day is good for all fish though, except certain predators.

OP
OP
southerntnreefer

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Meh, they don't need it. There's been a slightly deformed striped blenny swimming around in one of the tanks at my "local" Petco for over a year. A couple feedings a day is good for all fish though, except certain predators.
ive always done the 1, but the more i read maybe, ive been doing it wrong all along... i always worry about nutrients, but ive got good filtration on the tank...

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FYI Fairies and flashers are not really pod eaters.

Buy this one and tell her it is a basslet.

fishy.JPG

LegendaryCG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
why she so anti wrasses??

i say drop the wife and get them wrasses!!!
Reef tank = $$$
Wife = $$$

Reef tank + wife = $$$$$$

Therefore the only logical solution is 2 reef tanks and no wife (or two wives and no tank but that’s an entirely different equation)

Last edited:
OP
OP
southerntnreefer

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef tank = $$$
Wife = $$$

Reef tank + wife = $$$$$$

Therefore the only logical solution is 2 reef tanks and no wife (or two wives and no tank but that’s an entirely different equation)
We have two tanks already LOL! SHe has hers with a clown pair, nems and a watchman. I have mine, but i try to be good as mine is in the main living area, to have fish everyone enjoys.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe she just has not seen a wrasse she likes? It is hard for me to imagine someone disliking all wrasse since they are so many colors and types...with many being peaceful

fishy2.JPG
fishy 5.JPG
fishy3.JPG
fishy4.JPG

Alchameth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where's the dottyback luvin?!?!?!

Neon, Black Neon, or Springeri Dottyback. The colors are amazing, and they have more of a snake/eelish movement to them when they swim. Mine prowls the rock looking for tasty tidbits to snack on between feedings.

OP
OP
southerntnreefer

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where's the dottyback luvin?!?!?!

Neon, Black Neon, or Springeri Dottyback. The colors are amazing, and they have more of a snake/eelish movement to them when they swim. Mine prowls the rock looking for tasty tidbits to snack on between feedings.

Thats a nope then.. you had me until eel. She deathly hates eels, creep her out, i got away with a bicolor blenny... shes on to me!

Privateye

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted the same thing on another similar thread recently, but if you want to go small I'd recommend a green clown goby. They tend to live in corals (without harming them) and mine has zero issues with my clowns or my flame hawk. I've had him for 9 years. At 1" they hardly add to the bioload.
Phone 374.jpg

Last edited:

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back