When's the last time you bought/sold live goods, dry goods or equipment from/to a fellow hobbyist?

The last time you bought or sold live goods, dry goods or equipment from or to a fellow hobbyist?

• TODAY

Votes: 19 4.8%
  • Past Week

Votes: 111 28.0%
  • Past Month

Votes: 73 18.4%
  • Past 3 Months

Votes: 40 10.1%
  • Past 6 Months

Votes: 28 7.1%
  • Past 12 months

Votes: 19 4.8%
  • 1+ Years

Votes: 41 10.4%
  • Never

Votes: 64 16.2%
  • Other

Votes: 1 0.3%

• Total voters

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I asked a few local people that sell all the time and they said to not use zelle or venmo because it was very easy for the buyer to dispute the charge and there was nothing you could do to stop it.
Good to know

Gatorpa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I asked a few local people that sell all the time and they said to not use zelle or venmo because it was very easy for the buyer to dispute the charge and there was nothing you could do to stop it.
I’ve never had an issue with Zelle, I‘ll look into it with my bank as I have numerous people send me money that way I’m not even sure how you dispute it.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve never had an issue with Zelle, I‘ll look into it with my bank as I have numerous people send me money that way I’m not even sure how you dispute it.
I haven't researched it either. Just going off what I was told, which could very well be wrong.

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought some sweet acros/sps's last week from here. Was expecting 1" nubs. Got nice sized pieces from Gws3
Have also bought phyto here from eldridge

Haven't sold. but have given away corals. And have some frags of bird's nest, digitata etc. to rehome so need to go over to market place

DIYreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
95% of my livestock came from the classifieds here on r2r (some of which from the seller that provided the picture in the first post of this thread). I've been pleased with all of them.

mistyw

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MONDAY...MONDAY...MONDAY! It's Monday just in case you didn't know! Happy Monday! :p

This week we're going to be focusing on topics pertaining to "Hobbyists Selling & Trading of Corals and Equipment." Should have some interesting stuff to talk about! Let's start off with some standard questions!

1. When is the last time that you PURCHASED live goods, dry goods or equipment from a fellow hobbyist?

2. When is the last time that you SOLD live goods, dry goods or equipment to a fellow hobbyist?

Tell us what you bought or sold as well please!

image via @CoralAddict645
98D2CB7C-78AA-4909-8167-C35AABF41BF5.jpeg

mistyw

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do occasional coral sales on FB when I need to make room in my tank. It’s a lot of fun meeting other local reefers and sharing our tanks. Right now I really need to sell 3 CSB anemones!

hoytoyed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let’s see, bought a 5” in circumference Miyagi tort colony and another larger nameless acro last week, and a 2-headed dragon soul torch on Sunday. Came from local hobbyists and the prices were insanely low. Nice examples too!

Massic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. When is the last time that you PURCHASED live goods, dry goods or equipment from a fellow hobbyist?

Bought a gold indo torch head a couple weeks ago, and bought my new 50 gallon about 7 months ago.

2. When is the last time that you SOLD live goods, dry goods or equipment to a fellow hobbyist?

Right before I bought the indo toch I soldten frags of belladonna, utter chaos, king midas and blueberry zoas. I've never sold any LPS coral as I don't have a particularly high growth rate on them, as I just did my first "casual" fragging of my frogspawn in the 2 year system last month, one piece stayed in the original tank, one got put in the 7 month 50.

Kijiji has been my friend for buying and selling, as I am in Southwestern Ontario.

Back