Where 2 buy online saltwater fish & freshwater fish & macro algae saltwater and plants for freshwater

imagine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where do you buy live fish online both for reef safe and non reef safe marine and freshwater fish tanks and plants like charro for saltwater including all other available saltwater plants and freshwater also?

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where do you buy live fish online both for reef safe and non reef safe marine and freshwater fish tanks and plants like charro for saltwater including all other available saltwater plants and freshwater also?
LiveAquria has a large selection of those freshwater and saltwater, might be better to get them from places that specialize from either or,

Or go with Dr. Reef, large selection of QTed stock, will order and QT basically anything too if you ask for a quote

Nemo&Friends

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought my fish locally in my LFS. I bought some macro algae on line at Algae Barn and some at Gulf Coast Ecosystem.
if you want to buy captive bred fish you can buy them at BIOTA.

fermentedhiker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For Saltwater fish/inverts I usually go with Bluezoo, although I've occasionally used Liveaquaria/DD in the past.
For freshwater fish I order stuff from Wetspottropicalfish.com if I can't get it local.
For macroalgae I usually get it from live-plants.com and occasionally reefcleaners when I'm ordering snails
For freshwater plants I'd join the plantedtank.net forum and buy from other members.

Mike Arnold

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I spent several thousand dollars on getting my tank setup and ready for fish; i foolishly thought that the bulk of my expenses was done. I had no clue that the price of fish have gone up so much. I wanted to start with some Tangs

The cost of ordering them from the well known online shops is a little tough to swallow; I’ll talk to my LFS on Monday

I’m a couple of hours away from the Los Angeles area; I used to drive down there and buy fish from a few different places down there about 15 years ago, but I’ve lost track of those shops since then

does anyone have any recommendations for good trust worthy fish stores in that area?

Last edited:

socalfishy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I spent several thousand dollars on getting my tank setup and ready for fish; i foolishly thought that the bulk of my expenses was done. I had no clue that the price of fish have gone up so much. I wanted to start with some Tangs

The cost of ordering them from the well known online shops is a little tough to swallow; I’ll talk to my LFS on Monday

I’m a couple of hours away from the Los Angeles area; I used to drive down there and buy fish from a few different places down there about 15 years ago, but I’ve lost track of those shops since then

does anyone have any recommendations for good trust worthy fish stores in that area?
Seaside tropical fish in Huntington beach and Harry's marine life in Gardena.

If you are going to make the drive into buy fish, i would not waste time. i go to these 2 places. Seaside is super clean and healthy livestock, they have a tremendous UV system hooked up to their holding tanks.

Harry's marine life looks to me like a wholesale that opened to the public recent last few years. You visit both places, i am sure you will go home with fish.

kiran

reef noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Man tell me about it. My tank is going to be a barren wasteland for the first 6 months - 1 year. I spent so much on equipment and the tank and the cost of livestock completely slipped my mind. I think I'm going to be spending a minimum of $200 on the CUC alone.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 168 62.2%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 70 25.9%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 93 34.4%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 46 17.0%
  • Other

Votes: 70 25.9%
Back