Where are you guys getting your Tropic Marin Pro Reef Salt right now?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Where are you guys getting your Tropic Marin Pro Reef Salt right now? The 200g buckets are out of stock everywhere it seems.

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm using TM Classic... My LFS is getting it in, from DFW, I think. They out of Pro Reef?

The HW Marine Mix Reefer is a pretty close match to TM Pro Reef. Alk is a little higher, but aside from that, it's fairly close. Mixes up clean, too. Might go that way, if you can't find TM Pro Reef.

I've been in and around marine aquariums and reef tanks since the mid 80's In my experience, those who do regular, scheduled water changes are far less likely to have issues than those that don't. Can you have a great tank without water changes? Sure... but the chances are far better _with_ water changes.

Takes me about 10 minutes, once a week. I figure I'm using about 4 bucks worth of salt mix a week, maybe 30 cents worth of RODI filter maintenance... A minimal investment in time and money that VASTLY increases my chances of success.

melanotaenia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Liveaquaria, Petco both have in stock as of this morning. Coupon at LA for 15% off puts it around 100$

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Petco.com

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Normally get it from petco. With their 30% off (35% off now) it’s by far the cheapest option I’ve found. Right now it seems like everywhere is sold out. Hope that changes soon.

Falco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 brand new bucks I was trying to sell for local pickup in Westchester, NY if anyone is interested DM me :cool:

vinces

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Normally get it from petco. With their 30% off (35% off now) it’s by far the cheapest option I’ve found. Right now it seems like everywhere is sold out. Hope that changes soon.

How do you get the discount at Petco more than once?

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you get the discount at Petco more than once?

it works for every new repeat delivery you start, so I just do multiple repeat deliveries set at 6 months or a year and then cancel them. There’s no penalty to cancel and you can cancel any time, even right after you purchase. I keep waiting for them to change the way it works, but so far for over a year they haven’t.

I’ve only done it with tropic marin pro salt, but have purchased at least a dozen buckets over the past year or so. They have raised their price however, it used to be about $10 cheaper.

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey gang

Petco shows out of stock on pro, just has the regular. I just started a 75 on ESV salt. Pretty neat salt. May switch my 180 from the TM to ESV, price is about the same

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey gang

Petco shows out of stock on pro, just has the regular. I just started a 75 on ESV salt. Pretty neat salt. May switch my 180 from the TM to ESV, price is about the same

That’s what I’m going with if I don’t see tropic marin pro back in the next week or so.

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s what I’m going with if I don’t see tropic marin pro back in the next week or so.

I was hesitant at first too since I’ve used TM 10+ Years and it’s top of the line.

I’ve used ESV supplements that long too. The salt is crazy cool. It comes in as a bag as a pure salt, a seperate magnesium pack, a seperate bottle of alk, and a seperate bottle of calcium and you mix all together. It’s like you are dosing from the beginning. Mixes super clean. (Anyway, sorry to derail just a bit)

Duffer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pro Reef is still out of stock everywhere!!! I'm getting nervous. It's been almost a month.
Hate to tell you but probably going to be longer, what is shipping right now from overseas is all essentials, I have heard items that are not are going to me months off

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 111 57.8%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 56 29.2%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 68 35.4%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 33 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 58 30.2%
Back