Where can I buy CA - Cyanoacrylate today local in larger qty

joe-ejs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am working on NSA Rock Structure and have no glue. Amazon is 2 day delivery for it. I dont want to spend a fortune on buying the 1/2 ounce size at Lowes/Home Depot, etc. I was wondering what company would sell the larger bottles we buy through BRS / Amazon, etc...I would imagine some type of business stocks this stuff ...Plumbing...etc...has anyone found a 8oz or similar bottle local?

thanks for any suggestions..would like to work on this today without buying a dozen little bottles.

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can find 8 oz bottles.

I'm in UK and I know when I did my aquascape I had to buy 8x50ml bottles and cost me nearly £ 65 just for glue as couldnt get larger bottles pffft

@Glue Masters
Got to tag lol
Maybe they can tell you if got big bottles and maybe still lucky and have discount code for you ^_^

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Than from @Tidal Gardens has a great YouTube video on his super glue of choice and methods. Check it out
If its same one I watched he used glue masters glue and mentioned had trouble getting big bottles also and had to switch glues during making ( think that was due to the viscosity though if memory serves me correct ) was over a year ago watched it probably ^_^ )

Utubereefer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have a better memory than me obviously. I like the brs bottle. Ever check saltwater aquarium. com? They do super fast free shipping

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a good question because I’ve never seen a big bottle of super glue in stores. I wonder if they have any in the arts and craft section at a Walmart or homegoods

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve never seen it locally in stores in bottles larger than the nail-polish size (and always expensive)

I use BSI I-C gel that I get from some reef shop on EBay. 50gm tubes for like $9-10

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I checked homedepot.com they sell a 1 pound bottle of gorilla super glue but they don’t carry it in stores. Must not be popular enough for the shelf space.

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Some options in this thread.
I checked 16oz brs and only available on back order.
Seems like world shortage of glue or all the glue manufacturers In the world had one big conference call ( all 1 million of them lol )and agreed all sell only small bottles for 4 times the price ha ha

Woodneers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am working on NSA Rock Structure and have no glue. Amazon is 2 day delivery for it. I dont want to spend a fortune on buying the 1/2 ounce size at Lowes/Home Depot, etc. I was wondering what company would sell the larger bottles we buy through BRS / Amazon, etc...I would imagine some type of business stocks this stuff ...Plumbing...etc...has anyone found a 8oz or similar bottle local?

thanks for any suggestions..would like to work on this today without buying a dozen little bottles.
Have a hobbytown in Charlotte? Any store that caters to RC hobby will have it by the pint or so! they will also have it in a variety of viscositites.

Tidal Gardens

Coral Farm
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Glue Masters is where we buy all our glue for aquascape. This is what we use when we build.

Baldguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm curious why you guys are using the thin super glue? I've always used the gel as it's easier to control and doesn't run everywhere.

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm curious why you guys are using the thin super glue? I've always used the gel as it's easier to control and doesn't run everywhere.
Before I made my aquascape I watched brs and tidal gardens video on using superglue and sand to stick the rocks together then mortar over the joints.

Both said using thin glue is best and gives a quicker and better bond so I believed them and used super thin viscosity ca glue then mortared over the joint for extra security.

It's in their videos on aquascaping where give the advice using thin

Tidal Gardens

Coral Farm
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Using the Gel Superglue is a different process, we also tried the Gel, and it's not even close to being as easy to build with and not as strong of a bond to your rocks. Honestly, the Gel was WAY MORE of a mess. Using the thin glue you are able to take very fine sand and mortar the rocks together in seconds without using any sort of accelerator. Once the glue hits the dry sand it instantly sets and creates a strong bond. We actually no longer use cement on any of the joints when we aquascape because the bond is so strong with glue and sand alone. We have picked up our aquascape and the actual rock would break, not the glue/sand bond... pretty crazy.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 15.4%
Back