Where can I get a Weeping Willow coral?

LardLad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After seeing the recent thread about Weeping Willow corals, I gotta have one. I have never seen one before and I have some good vacancies in my nano. I'm in the US. Any insights?

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow after 20+ years in the hobby, I was wondering what the heck a weeping willow coral was......

Now I see its a just a fancy name for a leather.
Isn’t that every coral though?

Just a fancy name for a zoa.. a fancy name for an acro.... a fancy name for a chalice

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah but sometimes you get generally surprised when its a coral you have never heard of. They are still finding coral we have never seen before.

Then the disappointment sets in when it's just a run of the mill everyday coral.

AdamD76

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cant get rid of mine.

20200611_164626.jpg

Reefmainiac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aquacorals Fairfield Maine, got wheeping willows and they ship. Also live aquaria had one on DD last night I assume that's where this hyped coming from.

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yeah but sometimes you get generally surprised when its a coral you have never heard of. They are still finding coral we have never seen before.

Then the disappointment sets in when it's just a run of the mill everyday coral.

Being an sps guy it takes a lot for a standard softy to impress me, but the original Weeping Willow is cool. Problem is every leather with long polyps is being called a Weeping willow and of course vendors and other reefers are trying to make $ off the name.

Jake Adams original WW is pretty cool even for a" run of the mill leather", especially if you can get a pair of clowns to live in it.

If I had a softie type tank I'd pay $50-60 for one, which is the same price of a "run of the mill" acro:)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back