Where can I get bright colorful zoas/palys?

Rhaegar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in Austin, TX and have found some really good zoa/palys, but at the moment it seems like I have seen what Austin can offer. At least from the few LFS and a few local hobbyist I have met.
Im looking for bright colorful zoas/palys in the Texas area. I would prefer to pick up but if you have some really great/rare ones I would def like to hear from you on getting shipped to me.
A few that I have in my mind.
Utter Chaos, Pink Zippers, some hornets, my clemintines, and fruit loops.
Like I said those are just the ones I havent been able to find, but ultimately looking for some bright colors.

OP
OP
Rhaegar

Rhaegar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where all have you tried?

Austin Aqua Farms? Facebook?
I have been to Austin Aqua Farms and I like what they carry.

I have been to the LFS (Aquadome, Aquatek, RCA, and Nikko's).
I have also been to Pham's (local hobbyist) and he has a good variety, but looking to see what else is out there.

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are all actually fairly common you listed. But unfortunately LFS don't tend to get these named types in very often, probably because they get the maricultured colonies cheap and hack them up selling $10 frags. Look for a vendor really trying to make a name for themselves selling mostly online, ie gonzos, wwc, aquasd those are the guys that try to get everything but they also change up the names sometimes which makes it confusing unless you really stay on top of the names. But there are also vendors on facebook, auctions, etc that get some very nice higher end zoas at decent prices like SKA (sea king aquariums) and the like.

Other than that there are a handful of hobbiest that fund their hobby selling off zoa frag packs. I try but right now I'm fairly low as I'm trying to focus on higher end zoas and I unloaded tons of lower end zoas to make space.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your best bet are the frag swaps. There were 2 big ones last month, 1 in Dallas and 1 in Houston. The next one in Houston is 4/1/17 and Dallas is 4/2/17. The one is Dallas is called Texas Coral Fest. Last year there were 4 of them, not sure what he has planned for this year. Lots of nice zoas there. Zoanthids.com is usually there as is Jason Fox. Usually 1 or 2 other national vendors are there. There was actually a strat for sale at the last event but I couldn't bring myself to part with that much money for 1 polyp. There are also usually 3 or 4 club sponsored frag swaps in Dallas each year. I know there was at least 1 swap in Austin last year.

Spanky05

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On Facebook, I've used Dan Boyles (Houston area) before and his stuff looks nicer in person than it does on his pictures. I believe he just takes regular lighting iphone pictures so it's kind of hard to tell exactly.

Saw a guy Glenn Ritter who I believe is from Corpus Christi area who had a few zoas but not a ton.

Luckily most guys in Texas will ship in Texas for a reduced rate (25 to 35) as opposed to the standard 40+

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On Facebook, I've used Dan Boyles (Houston area) before and his stuff looks nicer in person than it does on his pictures. I believe he just takes regular lighting iphone pictures so it's kind of hard to tell exactly.

Saw a guy Glenn Ritter who I believe is from Corpus Christi area who had a few zoas but not a ton.

Luckily most guys in Texas will ship in Texas for a reduced rate (25 to 35) as opposed to the standard 40+
I bought from glenn Ritter he's got some quality zoas. He sells on frags auction place

Back