where do get those IO buckets?

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so where do you get those Instant Ocean buckets with the screw on tops? (or ones like it).

i'd like to get a couple (without the salt).

any ideas?

Acro76

Cherry Corals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try the hardware stores: Aco (if you have them),Home depot, Lowes... They are not screw on tops, but they can range from snap on tops that are not water tight to snap on tops with gaskets. Paint stores can also possibly supply you with new buckets not used with paint.

I think the I/O buckets are crap. They changed design a few years back. They are smaller and they leak! The old ones were 6 gallons and had nice lids, well made. Oh well...

http://www.usplastics.com has lots of different buckets, but they are more expensive than local sources.

OP
OP
surfn

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah, i have plenty of 5g plaster type buckets..

but yeah, i'm looking for those old IO buckets....shoot, that sucks they dont make them anymore.

well, i imagine they still make them somewhere, but I/O doesn't use them anymore so they can cut costs.

Acro76

Cherry Corals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh they still make them I just haven't found a source yet! I called the Lectica (sp?) company direct and the minimum order was something like 50 buckets! So then you are left with finding someone they sell them to. The usplastics site has the same brand, they are just a little shorter (more like 4 gallons).

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 41 36.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 33 29.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back