Where do I find more info?

Catfish2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm new around here.

Looks like meetings are the third Friday of each month at 7pm at the IHOP in Santa Ana, but where can I find more info about the club.

Are meetings open to non members? What happens at meetings?

I went to the website but there's isn't much info there, just links to buy raffle tickets. If there a different website?

Thanks!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm new around here.

Looks like meetings are the third Friday of each month at 7pm at the IHOP in Santa Ana, but where can I find more info about the club.

Are meetings open to non members? What happens at meetings?

I went to the website but there's isn't much info there, just links to buy raffle tickets. If there a different website?

Thanks!
Hi! Welcome! You can absolutely come to any meetings. You've got the info right on when and where to go. They're definitely open to nonmembers. What other info would you like? @gcarroll @joseserrano @ndrwater @CoralNerd and @Rakie are a few of the members.

OP
OP
Catfish2

Catfish2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there an agenda for the meetings? Like different speakers or topics, do people bring frags to swap? I'm guessing there are raffles given the website, do you have to buy those tickets ahead of time? How do you know what the topic for a meeting will be? Does the club have a particular focus/ interest- like education, volunteerism/community service.... I just wanna know what the club is about.

Thanks!

ndrwater

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there an agenda for the meetings? Like different speakers or topics, do people bring frags to swap? I'm guessing there are raffles given the website, do you have to buy those tickets ahead of time? How do you know what the topic for a meeting will be? Does the club have a particular focus/ interest- like education, volunteerism/community service.... I just wanna know what the club is about.

Thanks!
Wow!! Lots of questions!! Lemme see if I can go through them quickly.
Yes. We have an agenda. The steering committee comes up with the topics for the meetings a month or two out. This includes speakers.
Yes. Members often brig frags to swap, sell or give away. Plus, Steve Garret is there most times with a little Frag tank with many of his legendary corals.
Yes, there is a raffle every month. We have dry goods and live fish/inverts. An example of recent raffle items are Ecotech MP10QD, custom sump from @MarineDepot, Vertex Calcium reactor etc. Always good stuff.
Tickets are purchased the night if the meeting. There is also a "Member Only" raffle where each card carrying member gets one ticket for freezies.
The topic of the meeting is posted here on R2R as well as a couple other forums and lastly, the Club sends out an email prior to the meetings listing topics, speakers, times and locations.
We are generally focused on education to topics within the hobby. Whether this be a specific topic like wrasses which we were lucky enough to have Hunter Hammond aka @evolved as a guest speaker, or something as seemingly simple (it's not) like how to properly plumb your system. One of our members was kind enough, and knowledgeable enough to have that talk.
If you have a specific topic or question, we are always happy to oblige in bringing our collective experience to help answer whatever question may be posed.
If that weren't enough, we are also where Reefapalooza all started. So with that, members help out prepping for, and putting on the show. That is where our members really shine. Doing Reefapalooza, arguably the best show in the world, takes a lot of time and dedication which couldn't be done without our members.
As Daniel @mdbannister mentioned, feel free to stop by and check us out. It's a great club with tons of other benefits/perks that go way beyond what I have mentioned.
Feel free to PM me if you'd like further details.

OP
OP
Catfish2

Catfish2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow!! Lots of questions!! Lemme see if I can go through them quickly.
Yes. We have an agenda. The steering committee comes up with the topics for the meetings a month or two out. This includes speakers.
Yes. Members often brig frags to swap, sell or give away. Plus, Steve Garret is there most times with a little Frag tank with many of his legendary corals.
Yes, there is a raffle every month. We have dry goods and live fish/inverts. An example of recent raffle items are Ecotech MP10QD, custom sump from @MarineDepot, Vertex Calcium reactor etc. Always good stuff.
Tickets are purchased the night if the meeting. There is also a "Member Only" raffle where each card carrying member gets one ticket for freezies.
The topic of the meeting is posted here on R2R as well as a couple other forums and lastly, the Club sends out an email prior to the meetings listing topics, speakers, times and locations.
We are generally focused on education to topics within the hobby. Whether this be a specific topic like wrasses which we were lucky enough to have Hunter Hammond aka @evolved as a guest speaker, or something as seemingly simple (it's not) like how to properly plumb your system. One of our members was kind enough, and knowledgeable enough to have that talk.
If you have a specific topic or question, we are always happy to oblige in bringing our collective experience to help answer whatever question may be posed.
If that weren't enough, we are also where Reefapalooza all started. So with that, members help out prepping for, and putting on the show. That is where our members really shine. Doing Reefapalooza, arguably the best show in the world, takes a lot of time and dedication which couldn't be done without our members.
As Daniel @mdbannister mentioned, feel free to stop by and check us out. It's a great club with tons of other benefits/perks that go way beyond what I have mentioned.
Feel free to PM me if you'd like further details.
Thanks so much for the reply. I know it was a lot of questions. I just live like an hour away so i wanted to know what to expect.

I look forward to going to a meeting!

BeachBum2012

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Out of curiosity, how long do meetings usually last? I'd love to come check it out, but not sure if I should bring my daughter.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 38 32.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back