where do you buy reasonably priced acropora ( less than $40.00 for a nub)

charlesk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unique corals
Saltyunderground

Both have reasonable prices for frags and shipping. Some sites charge hundreds for an agricultured frag and too much for shipping. These two sites are my go to sites.

alton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me when I want SPS I go up the road to Austin and find my buddy Ty Farmer. No bugs and they don't die, but I get the cheap good looking frags like red planet and garf bonsai

McPuff

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can buy from me if you're in Michigan! :0) I hardly ever charge more than $20 for a frag, and not a nub.

If you've got some other people that reef, see about trading or buying larger pieces together, and splitting them up. Sometimes you might be able to find colonies, frag them up a bit, and make back your money. This is a great way to get new corals without actually "paying" for them... also gives you the opportunity to trade for other frags. Just need to make that up-front investment. I have done this several times. Just need to be confident in your husbandry to avoid any pests and ensure survival of the colonies.

pasquale petrovia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not cheap but I buy mine in colonies from livestockusa.org. Large colonies I can frag a bit, sell and then keep the large pieces in my reef. I buy both Australian and Indo Acros from them. Freight for 2 boxes is just about $50 higher than just ordering one box.
I have wanted to try him for a while now, but never heard of anyone getting anything from him. I am in Baltimore MD and I guess you pick up at airport not shipping to your home correct?

U

User1

View Badges
Hobbyist will have to do the foot work when buying. If / when I shop online I look for a $15 - 18 range per frag and can usually pull that off. Sometimes that price will even include shipping. Typically I don't factor that in the price but it is noted regardless and something I watch.

If you are looking for named corals, boutique, chop, shop corals you will not be in that range. However, corals are corals are corals and names mean nothing to me thus my pricing window.

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A974A8BA-5F31-4F36-B1B8-DC33F081BE92.gif

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pacific East has some WYSIWG in that range and they are nice. You can get a battlebox in that range too from Battlecorals. Hobbyists are always a good place to go to.

Both are great vendors, good products, fair prices, and excellent customer service.

Smarkow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am super happy with my budmans purchases. The packs run between 43-59 when on sale... like they are this very moment... in fact I may have just bought one

tnyr5

Tony
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Befriend some local reefers and be nice to them and they'll probably just give you stuff lol.

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes... ill be honest... im a little disappointed that on forums like this... we dont see more hobbyists giving each other better prices... names mean nothing to me, I like things like polyp structure, color, branching structure, growth patterns... but i don't like paying for fancy descriptive words... probably the biggest change from the 90s and early 2000s i dont like in the hobby.

Rick5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out @Battlecorals and @Coral Euphoria, which have been recommended above. I've ordered from the former maybe five plus times and the latter once (with a second order in progress) and have had a pleasant and pest free experience with both. Both were sizable orders, I think.

Potatohead

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What ever happened to Boom Corals? He seemed legit and was active here for a long time.

Makers Marc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What ever happened to Boom Corals? He seemed legit and was active here for a long time.

The site is still up. He sold it to another local guy and when I ordered it soon after that, I wasn't too happy with the smaller sizes. Plus all the frags were off the plugs which could also be shipping fault I guess

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 140 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back