where do you buy reasonably priced acropora ( less than $40.00 for a nub)

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not cheap but I buy mine in colonies from livestockusa.org. Large colonies I can frag a bit, sell and then keep the large pieces in my reef. I buy both Australian and Indo Acros from them. Freight for 2 boxes is just about $50 higher than just ordering one box.

I agree with ordering from this guys site if you don’t have cites. Is he shipping indo stuff again finally?

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to give a bump for aqua sd. They are one of the only shops I have found that consistently provide large well encrusted decently and sometimes well priced frags of mariculture and tank grown frags. They always have a long list of acropora and their corals always end up being nice corals even if they are not colored up in the picture yet they will turn out to be decent corals. In all honestly most mariculture turn out to be nice as well, even if some are not rare.
They are also the only shop I have seen that continues to bring in wild or mariculture acropora consistently while selling the colonies instead of cutting them all up to sell as frags. I still order from divers den from time to time if a particular variant of acropora pops up I can’t find anywhere else. Even though their pictures are horrible and not many of their corals look colored up, when I get the piece it’s always better looking than I figured it would be. Livestockusa I have ordered from before I had a cites and he is really nice to deal with. IF you have a nice system I would ask him not to rebag them if possible, not sure if this is an option but I have felt like odd pieces were in the mix before.
There are a lot of other great places to buy from but not many keep a long list of choices. Pacific East has nice wild or mari stuff but rarely a big list of choices. Battle corals is superb for tank grown stuff hands down though it’s not really in the topics price range if your buying a lot of choice pieces, but there is a good reason for it, amazing collection.
For people just starting out fishnreef is a great place to get a large amount of tank grown frags for a great deal like ten bucks each and there are some decent corals on there too.

roninmagik1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Appreciate the aquasd mention, priced out 3 cheap acro frags with shipping, and it was around $100, not bad at all!

I have to give a bump for aqua sd. They are one of the only shops I have found that consistently provide large well encrusted decently and sometimes well priced frags of mariculture and tank grown frags. They always have a long list of acropora and their corals always end up being nice corals even if they are not colored up in the picture yet they will turn out to be decent corals. In all honestly most mariculture turn out to be nice as well, even if some are not rare.
They are also the only shop I have seen that continues to bring in wild or mariculture acropora consistently while selling the colonies instead of cutting them all up to sell as frags.

Randallh99

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Appreciate the aquasd mention, priced out 3 cheap acro frags with shipping, and it was around $100, not bad at all!

My experience as negative with aquasd. I ordered the frag pack and the frags were tiny. I swear one of my frags was .25 inch. I wouldn’t order from them again. I’ve had good experiences with saltyunderground and yourreef.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would not buy unknown packs from anyone but battlecorals. Did you contact asd to see if they would make it right for you? Normally they have been very good at making things right for me if anything was messed up or not to my liking.

Backreefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been hitting the Facebook groups in my area .
today I picked up a 3” red dragon, a 2” wide tropical thunder monti , and he threw in a fresh cut of a no-name acropora. All for $40

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 144 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back