Where do you place your Chemipure Blue?

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed. With reefer kind of money you need to be doing it right. Chemi* are for the 5gal nano tank HOB crowd.

Before clicking on the thread I was expecting it to be a 20g at most, was shocked to see it was a 250.

I agree, surely that will get expensive running chemiblue in a 250, surely there is a far more effective and less expensive way to get the same if not better results in a tank that size.

FloridaGal762

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you post a picture?

Here is a front shot so you can see the chambers and a labeled one of the compartments. the Chemi-Blue is in the center return area.

I did change reactor from biopellets to carbon yesterday. I am also thinking of adding the cotton balls/similar to the top of the media basket for mechanical filtration on the left side.

Open to thoughts.

All In One.jpg Labeled.jpg

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry is it an aio or does it have a sump?

either way I would have it in a fast flowing area, if an aio I wouldn’t have it in the cups as that water has not been filtered yet, it will have to do more work and need replacing more often.
If you have a sump maybe place it near the return pump.
Have you considered using carbon and purigen instead, Some say that is all chemiblue is? Should work out cheaper for you.

FloridaGal762

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry is it an aio or does it have a sump?

either way I would have it in a fast flowing area, if an aio I wouldn’t have it in the cups as that water has not been filtered yet, it will have to do more work and need replacing more often.
If you have a sump maybe place it near the return pump.
Have you considered using carbon and purigen instead, Some say that is all chemiblue is? Should work out cheaper for you.

No sump. It's an AIO, so I have the ChemiPure as the last chamber before the water returns to the tank. I don't know if it is considered fast-flowing- but its right at the bottom of the last chamber where the return pump sucks the water back up to put bank in the front of the tank. I will look up purigen. Thanks for the tip.

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know. Whats Chemipureblue?

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I don't need it. :cool:

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No sump. It's an AIO, so I have the ChemiPure as the last chamber before the water returns to the tank. I don't know if it is considered fast-flowing- but its right at the bottom of the last chamber where the return pump sucks the water back up to put bank in the front of the tank. I will look up purigen. Thanks for the tip.

With a aio the flow through the chambers will be near enough the same, so I wouldn’t worry too much where you place it, as said best place it after all the other media so it is only coming into contact with ‘clean’ water so it has less to do
Just keep an eye it doesn’t get in the way of your return pump, or ato if you have one.

Forgot to say, if you do go the carbon and purigen route, best in separate media bags as they exhaust at different rates, the purigen will last much longer than the carbon, but if you need the space they can go together.

FloridaGal762

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With a aio the flow through the chambers will be near enough the same, so I wouldn’t worry too much where you place it, as said best place it after all the other media so it is only coming into contact with ‘clean’ water so it has less to do
Just keep an eye it doesn’t get in the way of your return pump, or ato if you have one.

Forgot to say, if you do go the carbon and purigen route, best in separate media bags as they exhaust at different rates, the purigen will last much longer than the carbon, but if you need the space they can go together.
Thanks for the info and the tip!

FloridaGal762

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 little fishies reactor....
I have the mini-max made for my AIO but it was too noisy with the pellets. Since the flow is lower with carbon I don’t hear it now.
I just looked up the 2 little fishies one. Is that what you use?

ReefHomieJon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the mini-max made for my AIO but it was too noisy with the pellets. Since the flow is lower with carbon I don’t hear it now.
I just looked up the 2 little fishies one. Is that what you use?
Yea it’s pretty cheap/basic but it definitely does the trick

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 65 85.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.9%
Back