Where is everyone getting their chaeto from?

Impala67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every time I check AlgaeBarn or BRS, they are out of stock on chaeto. Any other reputable online dealers that sell confirmed clean chaeto?
That’s the problem there’s a shortage of this stuff!! I had one heck of a time trying to find it I bought mine from the salty bottom reef company, great people and it’s not the chaeto your looking for but it’s very clean stuff!!!!

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reefcleaners may have some they are hit or miss having it in stock. They have other nice options as well.

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried reefcleaners. They have chaeto in stock, but they won’t allow me to buy more than one ball, and they won’t ship anything that’s below $25.
Sorry it didn't work out. I will say everything, including cuc and chaeto,that I get from them is top notch. Chaeto is a large portion not golfball like others have.

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a small handful from fragbox in Toronto awhile ago

Every month I’m removing roughly 1/2 a grocery bag full .
sadly not having anyone close to take it , it’s being thrown in the trash

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    245.6 KB · Views: 55

EricR

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got chaeto off eBay and as far as I know it was clean. really clean. "Addictive reef keeping " I think it was called. If I buy chaeto again I will go through them
eBay also, twice, but different sellers and I'm not the target audience here -- no refugium,,, just vented deep soap dish in the upper/back of DT.

Both were about $15-$20 for baseball size:
-- First was 1+ year ago before I knew anything but, thankfully, no "issues" introduced -- still alive in same shape as I got it but not lit well so not what anyone would call thriving.
-- Second (with pods) is on day 20 in my first ever QT of anything (since eBay seller harvests in tank with fish and I'm trying to be more careful now).

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
eBay also, twice, but different sellers and I'm not the target audience here -- no refugium,,, just vented deep soap dish in the upper/back of DT.

Both were about $15-$20 for baseball size:
-- First was 1+ year ago before I knew anything but, thankfully, no "issues" introduced -- still alive in same shape as I got it but not lit well so not what anyone would call thriving.
-- Second (with pods) is on day 20 in my first ever QT of anything (since eBay seller harvests in tank with fish and I'm trying to be more careful now).
15-20 seams very expensive . And if getting from a local reefer they will most likely give it away for free

EricR

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
15-20 seams very expensive . And if getting from a local reefer they will most likely give it away for free
Impulse buy and I don't actually know anyone with any saltwater tank (yet).
First time was actually to get 6 micro brittle stars and the chaeto was just what they were shipped in.

*Good point though

ahuynh616

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It was pricey but I didn’t have any other options on finding chaeto to setup my refugium this week.

Rusalty chaeto was clean as can be and shipped amazingly well.

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a small handful from fragbox in Toronto awhile ago

Every month I’m removing roughly 1/2 a grocery bag full .
sadly not having anyone close to take it , it’s being thrown in the trash

Man I wish you at least lived in the same country... Wonder what issues would be involved with shipping into the US? I have a small ball I got from my LFS, but would love to have a source to get more.

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I give it away locally for free, but I have sold a lot personally here on r2r and eBay. I am not sure why places can’t get enough in, but selling is better than tossing it away for me. Again though local reefers I just give it away and have given it free to lfs too.

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man I wish you at least lived in the same country... Wonder what issues would be involved with shipping into the US? I have a small ball I got from my LFS, but would love to have a source to get more.
There has to be someone local to you in which they can’t control how fast it grows .

sadly … where I am min 1.5 hours drive from anyone with a reef .
Personally … and strictly my opinion. . It’s not worth paying for .
if your system has nutrients to support it , someone will gladly gift a handful just to get rid of it .

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%

Back