Where is the best place to buy fish online.

James w Lewis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are no local fish stores in the Houston area and the ones I have seen in the past were lame. I need a Melanaurus Wrasse to get rid of bristle worms and a couple other fish.

pdxmonkeyboy

Sticks!! Give me the sticks!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Prepare for a WIDE variety of responses. I have had better results from fishy business aquatics compared to live aquaria in terms of health and quality of the fish.

ScottieB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think fishybusiness changed to aqua locker? I check their website all the time but havent purchased anything.

Marine collectors is high end, personalized service with selectively sourced, treated and quarantined fish. You will of course pay more that level of service but might be worth it to you.

VO6

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in Houston too, have you tried FJW or TAP?
I've only ever bought from LiveAquaria as they have their 14 day guarantee.

Piranha76

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LIVEAQUARIA SUCKS. STAY AWAY. I use to love them and have had many orders. Since Petco took over it has been down hill. The fish are always on the smaller size of the scale, the corals come DOA. I have gotten more DOA on fish then ever before and they only give tore credit, so to meet the free shipping you have to spend even more or pay $30.00 for shipping. They refused to honor a gift card promotion. The website crashed twice when I was filling out my information. The third time i forgot the promo code. I called and they refuse to honor it. STAY AWAY. Horrible customer service, They gave me a sea anemone with an ulcer on the boot. I called and said it will die. They told me to wait until it dies to request a refund. I guess they were hoping it would last the 15 days before dying. STAY AWAY

EMeyer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had good experiences with
Reefs4Less
LiveAquaria
SaltwaterFish.com
BlueZooAquatics

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"No local fish stores in the Houston area?" You must be kidding. It's the 4th largest city in the United states. Melanurus wrasses are really common.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

ShaggyRS6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered from Liveaquaria. First time I have every ordered any live stock online and can honestly say the process was seamless. The way in which they arrived was above and beyond, the packaging was just superb and the fish where in great shape. I got them from the divers den section, so what you see is what you get. Really incredible experience.

HK180

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are no local fish stores in the Houston area
Really? There's a HUGE reefing community here. Try OLA--excellent LFS in Houston. I got my Copperband there--they offer to house their fish in copper for free.

Online, I like TSM and recently had a positive experience with ReefPro. I used to buy fish from LADD. They are far better quality fish than LA.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.6%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 15.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 73 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%
Back