Where should I look locally to get a nice (but small) nem?

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm looking for something a little nicer than a standard rbta. Who should I contact in SoCal? I've only got a 50g cube, so it will need to be small. Any recommendations?

Last edited:

pettoe90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a hard time just finding a rbta. Really wanted to get a rainbow nem

AwildcatsZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two Guys Corals in Anaheim is a good place to start. They have a very good stock of nems. I was there last weekend and they had a couple pink btas and one or two of their lemondrop (yellow) btas. If you want something a little more high end I suggest seeing Ben at CaliKid Corals in Whittier. He usually has a few rainbows. Wouldn't hurt to give him a call first.

ndrwater

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ali at Amazing Reefs and Aquariums had a few really nice ones when I was in there the ither day. Relatively small too.. if you are coming to the meeting tomorrow, maybe stop in to see him prior.

Clutch

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you guys ever been to Ellis Aquatics in Compton I love their corals hands down best prices anywhere they are very affordable it’s street parking They have extreamly good prices on SPS colonies
I recently bought two fire shrimps @ 30
They have nice hammer corals and torches starting at 25 always good to call and ask or text

I would say be careful with their small selection of fish always be observant of all the tanks when you go to a local fish shop I’ve seen some with some not so great fish

The hardest part of the hobby is when you don’t have a proper quarantine system so I’m always cautious of any fish store

For fish I’ve been to a few local fish stores but prices and quality of fish I always look out for
And I’ve been to RAINBOW FISH and loved their selection and prices they have corals as well

I went on a Sunday a lot of fish stores close on those days and loved it there
I got a salefin
Flame angel
and blue tang @ 30$

they actually have sales (check their twitter on Instagram page the usually post when they some fish for sale ) on fish extremely helpful there someone on staff is always asking if I needed help and the place was busy some stores don’t even ask

They had some gigantic monster eels there witch was awesome. I did really like the place and my fish looked healthy and are thriving in my tank. I
Always am catusious when I see multiplefishes struggling at some local fish shops I’ve seen plenty at a lot of local fish stores. Always be cautious and quarantine

laverda

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your still looking I have a small rainbow RBTA available in west Anaheim 92801 for $50. Mind you healthy BTA anomonies can grow to 14” pretty quickly.

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks guys! I'm all set ;)

laverda

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
09D0B2D9-0A61-4002-819A-31E37AD3CFE8.jpeg
Green and purple BTAs

Sandybeach

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking for something a little nicer than a standard rbta. Who should I contact in SoCal? I've only got a 50g cube, so it will need to be small. Any recommendations?
You could try Ellis Aquatics in Compton. He runs it our of his garage so good prices and great selection.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.5%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 32 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back