Where there is smoke there is fire! (Hopefully)

OP
OP
smokin'reefer

smokin'reefer

Sea Urchin
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another big step today. Got my Apex delivered and trideent on backorder. Varios8 should be here Tuesday.

20200612_182836.jpg

Anthony123coral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pretty crazy I just wound up on your build page!!! dont even know how, jeez I own a repair shop and have some knowledge of car haulers was it one of those 10 car units? new cars gotta be essential people will literally die without them, in Colorado our weed is essential same thing people will die without and liq and about 40 other businesses including my automotive repair shop. Im glad though last thing we need is more people out of work, i feel more in danger at my local walmart where all 110,000 of us hang out daily between 3 stores then i do at my barber. your job is important if not for new cars think about all the other familys you keep up and running off shipping those new cars, got you , the car shipper, gas station, semi repair shop, dealership, auto repair check those cars out making sure they are ok, so mechanics, salesman, dot peeps, guy , car manufacturers, the list will make it all the way back to a farmer and his chickens. im thankful for you we need everyone and everything possible. i get the whole shut down but so many of us would rather die trying! so my friend this buds for you mr car transporter who saved the american economy.
my god though you got hurt bad ! I hope you worked for a good company that will have the resources to make sure your ok. you provided jobs for the icu, ambulances, we need you bad man !! seriously though i love the tank im almost done selling all my stuff but i like at your idea and im like maybe i should get back in before i get out then my wife wont have enough time to even process what just happen, at the end of the day she will still be happy i sold 30k worth of stuff for 10k and bought a simple little setup for 10k at least the majority of it is still out. im gonna watch the build and check out where you get this cool equipment.
Anthony

OP
OP
smokin'reefer

smokin'reefer

Sea Urchin
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the reply.
Yes it was one of those 10 car haulers. I was working on top of the cab where I usually sit and drive when I fell. I fell full superman style to the ground. Arms and head first.
My daughter was living out in Colorado not to long ago. I've been out there hauling cars before. Beautiful country. I bet its much more enjoyable now that the state flower has been legalized. Lol

OP
OP
smokin'reefer

smokin'reefer

Sea Urchin
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added sand and water over the w/e. While it works thru that cycle thing, I will work on the gadgets.

I am not as skilled as most of you guys. So I won't even try the showy displays of gear and modules. I prefer just to have access to what I need access to. Just a simple dashboard.

I did try and customize my rock shaker a bit. Screwed up and flipped the short and long pipes. Hopefully it doesn't make a big difference.

20200626_130148.jpg 20200626_144002.jpg 15931971719195470194875497494704.jpg

OP
OP
smokin'reefer

smokin'reefer

Sea Urchin
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally have enough done down under that I decided to mount the doors. Everything else can be done at my leisure. Apex is up but still need to do the trident. No hurry as the tank needs to cycle. I am going to get an ATK to run my ATO from my fish room. I decided to run three RO lines so I can be set to also run AWC.

FTS with the doors on.

20200628_171255.jpg

OP
OP
smokin'reefer

smokin'reefer

Sea Urchin
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the screen door put together today. Wasn't that bad of a project. Kept thinking about the saying about something being as useless as a screendoor on submarine. Lol

Attachments

• 20200630_170357.mp4
    80.8 MB
OP
OP
smokin'reefer

smokin'reefer

Sea Urchin
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I can honestly say I give it all to set up my tank. I was running RO lines and an Apex aquabus cable from my fish room to my tank. These i ran high through the walls because my house is on a slab.
Working on a stool to run services i had a vertigo moment and tried to step on a reservoir to steady myself and my foot went straight through into saltwatervi was mixing.

I'm pretty sure I broke my big toe. But no regrets. Lol. Price you pay.

Good thing is lines are run. Now I have RO straight to tank. I have everything setup to put in an atk on tank and an extra fmm in gishroom.

20200707_200602.jpg

OP
OP
smokin'reefer

smokin'reefer

Sea Urchin
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't updated or really done much in a while. Pretty much just letting it cycle, building up some fish inventory and added a few test corals. Everything is moving nicely though.

With the cooler Temps here in South Carolina I noticed how much fresh air with opened windows really helped put my ph in a happy place. I decided to try a CO2 scrubber before I drilled a whole in the side of my new house. The biggest problem I've seen from other reefer was blowing through the media to quickly. Read about setting it up as a recirculating scrubber helped. Let's see how this works.

20201011_140956.jpg 20201011_141006.jpg

OP
OP
smokin'reefer

smokin'reefer

Sea Urchin
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just working on the time travel part of reefing. Everything is doing well, added some assorted corals.
Surprising how well my acro are doing. Birdsnest of course but have an ARC fireworks and a Vivid rainbow that are showing great growth imo.
I don't know if I credit that to using the Zeovit method or the RedSea lights. But I am stoked on the growth.

Attachments

• 20201225_183805.jpg
    20201225_183805.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 33
OP
OP
smokin'reefer

smokin'reefer

Sea Urchin
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Reefleds go down the middle of the tank right above where my aquascape peaks at. This causes a bit of shading down both sides of the aquascape.
I pondered doing an Aquaticlife hybrid fluorescent to put a better blanket of light on my scape. After seeing some of the stuff #BulkReefSupply reefsupply was doing with the Reefbrite strip, I decided to go that route. Two of my main considerations were electricity consumption and added complications with T5. Between bulb choices and bulb replacements mainly.

I found one in their open box section and pulled the trigger. These aren't really at a price point that I can just go all out at once.

I have the controller on the way to connect to my Apex but they really don't seem to be to bad at full on.

First pic is without and others are with obviously. I only have one for now til I can afford a second one. Anybody want to start a gofundme for the other I am open to that. Lol

16109978703621739731320351718029.jpg 20210118_141323.jpg 20210118_141310.jpg 20210118_141344.jpg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back