OP
Age_of_Aquarius

Age_of_Aquarius

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm interested to hear what yoru experiences are. I'm dealing with John at Adavanced Acrylic. He's working on quoting me a 210 long, 67 gallon sump, and separate ATO. The prices seem super competitive and he's responding extremely quickly. I hope they treat you well!
I called John at Advanced Acrylics today. He quoted $765 with shipping for a 40g breeder (36 L x 16 H x 18 W.) which would be a custom and this includes hand polishing and eurobracing. Acrylic is half-inch thickness.

On a related note, I spoke with the guru at my LFS who commented that the Sea Clear tank at Fishtanks direct which is $345 for a 50g is most likely using acrylic that is 3/8 inch thickness leading to the significantly lower price. Also he said these tanks are from China.

Overall, I would assume and hope the product from John @ Advanced Acrylic is on a whole other level

Jonathan Adams

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! The quote from John includes 3/4” hand polished acrylic. Museum quality
Waning hand polished as well. Super responsive I’ll be moving on his bid in a couple of days.

atomos

52 32 52 20 52 6f 63 6b 73
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TRUVU acrylic tanks were tanks I had before....they are now DTC (direct to consumer) IIRC

OP
OP
Age_of_Aquarius

Age_of_Aquarius

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! The quote from John includes 3/4” hand polished acrylic. Museum quality
Waning hand polished as well. Super responsive I’ll be moving on his bid in a couple of days.
Do you think my quote is reasonable ? This is my first go around with a reef tanks and with acrylic tanks .

OP
OP
Age_of_Aquarius

Age_of_Aquarius

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems reasonable but as with everything I like to price around to get a “feel”. The reprice shouldn’t fluctuate while you search!
What do you mean by reprice? It seems like Advanced Acrylics is a little bit pricier than other shops, but then again Adv. Acrylics is selling hand-crafted tanks with better finish and thicker panels.

Jonathan Adams

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wrong word apologies! When I say reprice I mean the quite you are given should not fluctuate while you research. I agree that Advanced Acrylics is a little bit pricier. But for what I’m getting it fits my budget and gives me peace of mind due to the quality!

timry2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered a 300 gallon from them. 96 x 30 x24 $3200. It is being built with 3/4 inch acrylic. Went down in person to speak with John. He was very helpful. Hope to pick it up in three weeks

OP
OP
Age_of_Aquarius

Age_of_Aquarius

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I placed my order today for my first ever reef tank, a 40 gallon breeder. John is shipping here to Tampa, FL and I will have it for 4-5 weeks. Now onto finding a stand !

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back