Where to buy Chloroquine Phosphate?!

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OK - so at the time there was commentary about 'hydroxychloroquine'. Not the same - so the FDA stopped sales of chloroquine (much less effective against malaria to my knowledge) - but - now there is a shortage - due to that medication being much MORE effective against malaria - than 'quinacrine' - a relative. In any case - the company is selling it ....

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I thought the issue was that the OP ordered some from them, but didn't hear anything back. I am worried that they may be selling it against the US ban on aquarium companies selling it. If the FDA rescinded their restriction, that's great, but the last I heard was this:

https://www.fda.gov/animal-veterina...phate-intended-fish-treatment-covid-19-humans

Jay
Yeah - I just went to the website - called them - they said there was no issue. this (product x, y, z) - were available - feel fee to order

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Here is a link to one of the letters that the FDA was sending to aquarium drug manufacturers:

https://www.fda.gov/inspections-com.../dr-gs-marine-aquaculture-inc-606979-04152020

This one was a cease and desist for CP dosed food, not even CP by itself.

Jay
I THINK (i.e. not sure) that the issue was there is no proof that chloroquine mixed as a 'caviar' lol - is effective/safe to use. Whereas Chloroquine for fish has established doses and would therefore not be 'illegal' it it was just Chloroquine Phosphate. But - as it said on the website - it's definitely in limited supply.

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm curious - why scary - they specialize in aquarium pharmaceuticals? Its a link on Humblefish's site (according to the poster above) - I called them they answered the phone after 1 ring, they have numerous products - and knew all about the indications, the regulations, and the shortages because people were using it for covid19 - and because its used in other countries for malaria - and there is a big push on for malaria treatment now?

EDIT - The lack of instructions is not an issue - thats in all of the protocols. I suppose I could call back and ask if this is 'pure' chloroquine phosphate - which would be my only concern - my understanding is that it was. (i.e. if you use 50 mg of the powder - are you really getting 50 mg - or is it 40 mg product and 10 mg filler, etc etc. I don't see a problem with the site (personally)
It's at least 95% tested pure. I dose it at 50mg/gal. Even though it expired, Dr. Fishman assures me that it is still very potent because I store it properly (aitight closed container in a dark cool cabinet). I had an active outbreak and my PJ cardinals were covered. They were spot free in 2 days and look happy with their fins growing back after 3 weeks.

Coolbobjoe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can get chloroquine from a pharmacy. You would need a prescription. Unless from Canada or Mexico - (especially Mexico - because it can be used for malaria) - you can sometimes get it OTC - otherwise I would suggest a sympathetic veterinarian or MD to give you a prescription
I am local in MN and have an outbreak of Uronema being seen. Anyone local to the Twin Cities/ Metro area that you know of?

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am local in MN and have an outbreak of Uronema being seen. Anyone local to the Twin Cities/ Metro area that you know of?
I would suggest a veterinarian that will give you a prescription.

Back