Where to buy glass or ceramic figures for coral growouts?

Sean Landholt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

I recently got some really nice incrusting corals and I wanted to try out using some glass or ceramic figures but I haven't found any cool ones online.

Where has the community purchased their coolest figures or structures?

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey everyone,

I recently got some really nice incrusting corals and I wanted to try out using some glass or ceramic figures but I haven't found any cool ones online.

Where has the community purchased their coolest figures or structures?
Not sure what you mean? do you mean rock, etc etc.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am looking for pieces that my corals can encrust over and take their shape. Not just normal rock.
I would say you can use any figure according to your personal preference. I would make sure that anything you buy is 'safe for food' (i.e. some pottery/ceramic/etc) contain metals, etc - and are just used for decoration as compared to food/animal safety. Also - you might find that some corals will not want to encrust onto a smooth as compared to a 'rough' surface. i.e., less likely to encrust on a bottle than a rock shaped like a bottle.

It still is a little unclear how specific you want people to be - because it also depends on the size of your tank, etc etc. Hope this helps

Alexopora

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say you can use any figure according to your personal preference. I would make sure that anything you buy is 'safe for food' (i.e. some pottery/ceramic/etc) contain metals, etc - and are just used for decoration as compared to food/animal safety. Also - you might find that some corals will not want to encrust onto a smooth as compared to a 'rough' surface. i.e., less likely to encrust on a bottle than a rock shaped like a bottle.

It still is a little unclear how specific you want people to be - because it also depends on the size of your tank, etc etc. Hope this helps
I believe OP might be looking for something like those resin skulls where reefers would let their cyphastreas grow over.

OP
OP
Sean Landholt

Sean Landholt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I am just looking for links to where other reefers bought their items. The goal of this thread is to see what other reefers have used so I can make my own choices.

BLB

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m also looking for ceramic or porcelain products to construct an aquascape, I was hoping to find something I could imitate a floating aquascape but so far I came up with nothing. I may end up making my own because I have access to a kiln but I’m still scratching my head as how to go about the whole thing. Please keep me informed if you do find anything cool.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’m also looking for ceramic or porcelain products to construct an aquascape, I was hoping to find something I could imitate a floating aquascape but so far I came up with nothing. I may end up making my own because I have access to a kiln but I’m still scratching my head as how to go about the whole thing. Please keep me informed if you do find anything cool.
I would just be careful - since certain materials can leak chemicals (for example many 'decorative' potteries/ceramics are not reef/marine safe)

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back