Where to buy just Oithona Colcarva pods

onlyfans

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! I'm going to start cultivating my own pods and wanted to know where I can get just Oithona Colcarva pods from? Algaebarn sells the other 3 types of pods I'm wanting to cultivate, but I'm properly stumped on where to find these other pods. Also, if things go well with this adventure I'll post up a full on how to with my set up. Knock on wood, haha.

Random side question, are rotifers worth cultivating? I've never personally used them so I don't know their benefits. Could someone link me to an in-depth article on these by chance?

AlgaeBarn

Marine Aquariums Made Easy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey everyone! I'm going to start cultivating my own pods and wanted to know where I can get just Oithona Colcarva pods from? Algaebarn sells the other 3 types of pods I'm wanting to cultivate, but I'm properly stumped on where to find these other pods. Also, if things go well with this adventure I'll post up a full on how to with my set up. Knock on wood, haha.

Random side question, are rotifers worth cultivating? I've never personally used them so I don't know their benefits. Could someone link me to an in-depth article on these by chance?
We do not sell them individually and only in our Ecopod jars unfortunately. WE responded to your other post as well :) DM us if you have any other questions!

BanZI29

Still just a reefer noob!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanna re-start this thread. I would also like to know where I can get Oithona Colcarva pods from as a single species. There has to be someone out there that has them??

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanna re-start this thread. I would also like to know where I can get Oithona Colcarva pods from as a single species. There has to be someone out there that has them??
To my knowledge, the only way for a hobbyist to get a culture of O. colcarva at this point is by buying a blend that contains them, taking a microscope and pipette, and filtering just the O. colcarva out into a container of their own by hand.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 95 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back