Where to buy QT'd coral/fish?

fulltang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do any of the shops in the bay area sell QT'd coral or fish, or offer a service to do so?

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only person I know of that is offering this type of service that I would trust would be @Humblefish!!! It does cost a little more, but coming from someone who is 100 percent trustworthy is worth it IMO.

OP
OP
F

fulltang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only person I know of that is offering this type of service that I would trust would be @Humblefish!!! It does cost a little more, but coming from someone who is 100 percent trustworthy is worth it IMO.

I really only plan on adding a clown pair max as I have a Fluval 13.5, so I'm thinking the premium will be more cost effective than setting up another tank just for QTing. I'll see if they're open for orders in a month or two when I'm ready to add fish. I was hoping that I could find someone local that QT's coral, as that is my primary interest.

powdertang05

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bay bridge in Oakland qts everything. Worth every penny. As for corals he is starting out so it’s small so far.

OP
OP
F

fulltang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bay bridge in Oakland qts everything. Worth every penny. As for corals he is starting out so it’s small so far.

Great, I'll check them out for sure. I reached out to License to Krill in Santa Cruz and he quarantines all of his zoas/SPS, LPS/Softies get dipped and placed UNLESS something comes off in the dip, then he QT's them. Very cool guy, I'm going to cruise by and check out his shop for sure.

Steve Elb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great, I'll check them out for sure. I reached out to License to Krill in Santa Cruz and he quarantines all of his zoas/SPS, LPS/Softies get dipped and placed UNLESS something comes off in the dip, then he QT's them. Very cool guy, I'm going to cruise by and check out his shop for sure.
Yes LTK is a top notch operation. Jeff has been great in helping me transition from fresh to salt. I highly recommend it!

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Infinite Aquarium has no coral pests at all besides aipstasia. I’ve also had very good luck with their sw fish as well. I always put their stuff directly in my display and have had no issues at all. I do qt things from other shops because of the conditions of some tanks I see and visible pests.

alpinestar

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aquatic Collection in Hayward has solid fish offerings. Much healthier than Neptune Aquatics in San Jose. Love Infinite's corals, Steve and Jimmy are great guys but their fish offerings are pretty bare atm.

justmee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aquatic Collection in Hayward has solid fish offerings. Much healthier than Neptune Aquatics in San Jose. Love Infinite's corals, Steve and Jimmy are great guys but their fish offerings are pretty bare atm.

Great place too! Carson, Glenn, Joe, and all the folks are great there...

alpinestar

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dropped by violet sea last night. He was kind enough to open a bit early for me and I picked up a midas blenny to replace the last one who jumped. Super nice guy and a wide variety of offerings.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 144 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back