Where to buy Tunze Turbelle Stream Magnet base plate?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

SDguy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The magnet on my Tunze Turbelle 6255 Stream has begun to show a little rust. No biggie, I've had it forever. I simply want to switch the inside with the outside magnet. However, the little base plate attached to the internal magnet is never going to come off without breaking. Where can I buy a new base plate to attach to the other magnet? It's item 1 in the attached instruction pics. TIA

20210508_130108.jpg 20210508_130119.jpg 20210508_123253.jpg

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The photo to me shows just attracted iron rusting on the surface of the magnet, if the magnet is rusting, the coating cracks and crumbles and it swells up like a balloon. I would just soak the magnet in mild acid, any attracted iron, including GFO dust will result in staining and mild acid and cleaning will remove it. The base is 6065.610, I cannot overemphasize how hard these are to install, so I would avoid doing this if possible. A lot of force is needed to engage all 4 tabs to the point they lock in. It is possible to remove the plate, but you want something non magnetic, a beryllium screwdriver is one option, or a thin bar of aluminum, you can pry them out from the back, but with a typical steel tool it is infuriating as the magnet will always take it away from you. Beryllium tools are specialty tools for working around flammable materials and are sold as "spark proof" harbor freight sometimes has sets cheaper, they are never really cheap.

OP
OP
SDguy

SDguy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The photo to me shows just attracted iron rusting on the surface of the magnet, if the magnet is rusting, the coating cracks and crumbles and it swells up like a balloon. I would just soak the magnet in mild acid, any attracted iron, including GFO dust will result in staining and mild acid and cleaning will remove it. The base is 6065.610, I cannot overemphasize how hard these are to install, so I would avoid doing this if possible. A lot of force is needed to engage all 4 tabs to the point they lock in. It is possible to remove the plate, but you want something non magnetic, a beryllium screwdriver is one option, or a thin bar of aluminum, you can pry them out from the back, but with a typical steel tool it is infuriating as the magnet will always take it away from you. Beryllium tools are specialty tools for working around flammable materials and are sold as "spark proof" harbor freight sometimes has sets cheaper, they are never really cheap.
Thanks for the reply. I still think the seal cracked, but regardless, I cleaned it up really well, and slathered it with silicone. Will just monitor things from here on. It's a FO tank so I'm not too stressed about it.

183257419_10224604425965697_6076402920540300148_n.jpg

Last edited:
Back