Where to find a healthy Achilles Tang???

Cassian

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,
So I’m looking to get my dream fish this year in a couple of months. I know Achilles have a bad habit of not doing well in captivity, so where is the best place to get them, but with a reasonable price? I’m looking at Marine collectors since they have a 45 day qt procedure or maybe a member on here if any become available. So where do you recommend?

...anyone want to rehome one??? XD

U

User1

View Badges
I've had good success with LA/DD on most of my fish. However, I would also do a couple searches as a few more companies are doing 45 and 90 day QT offerings now at reasonable prices.

Achilles is a more difficult fish for a couple reasons. Those places that offer the 45 and 90 day usually buy 2 or 3 so you pretty much are sure to have success. Of course unless you are local it is back to shipping which depending on your location winter is coming so need to be aware of that.

OP
OP
Cassian

Cassian

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had good success with LA/DD on most of my fish. However, I would also do a couple searches as a few more companies are doing 45 and 90 day QT offerings now at reasonable prices.

Achilles is a more difficult fish for a couple reasons. Those places that offer the 45 and 90 day usually buy 2 or 3 so you pretty much are sure to have success. Of course unless you are local it is back to shipping which depending on your location winter is coming so need to be aware of that.

Thanks! I appreciate it!

Bob Loblaw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Humblefish will take request through his site. Google his name with "aquatics".

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Im looking for Chevron. best place is an LFS where you can see it eat, looks at fins, skin, breathing etc.
I realize you are looking at possibly ordering one for ship. Divers den as you cant beat 2 week warranty with free ship. Fish for less followed by Fishy business

OP
OP
Cassian

Cassian

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im looking for Chevron. best place is an LFS where you can see it eat, looks at fins, skin, breathing etc.
I realize you are looking at possibly ordering one for ship. Divers den as you cant beat 2 week warranty with free ship. Fish for less followed by Fishy business

Thanks! My LFS is terrible and I’ve tried ordering something as simple as a naso and I’ve waited 3 months and just given up. They also said they can order the fish but can’t hold it until I can get to the store over 1 hr away. So basically online is my only choice. I appreciate the suggestions! I’ll check them out

OP
OP
Cassian

Cassian

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally would QT yourself. It is the only way to control the process.

I totally agree with you and will qt myself no matter where I get. But I would prefer to start with a healthy, eating specimen, hence, this thread. I mainly looking for a good place to buy one (the fish is healthy and eating), then I will qt myself

bblumberg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,
So I’m looking to get my dream fish this year in a couple of months. I know Achilles have a bad habit of not doing well in captivity, so where is the best place to get them, but with a reasonable price? I’m looking at Marine collectors since they have a 45 day qt procedure or maybe a member on here if any become available. So where do you recommend?

...anyone want to rehome one??? XD
I got mine at Harry's Marine in Gardena

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Achilles tangs are getting harder to get since the closure in Hawaii.
Most that LA gets now will end up on DD for more money.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 63.3%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.0%
Back