Where To Find Reasonably Priced Corals Online?

Losirk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, been struggling with finding online vendors who don't name their frags "super duper gold galaxy space jam blueberry atomic bomb" just to mark up their prices. After a bit of research, AquaSD was the only reasonable online vendor. Any suggestions?

mindme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Basically the only thing you can do is understand the real value of the corals, not get suckered into places that do things to bring out colors that won't stay in a normal lighted reef tank in order to charge ridiculous prices. The name thing you mention drives me nuts as well, but they all seem to do it.

Even then, only on sale do I ever find things that are priced where they should be. And the bad part about that is you usually need to order a decent amount to get the free shipping, otherwise the price of the coral is terrible again.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, been struggling with finding online vendors who don't name their frags "super duper gold galaxy space jam blueberry atomic bomb" just to mark up their prices. After a bit of research, AquaSD was the only reasonable online vendor. Any suggestions?
Have you checked the livestock forum on here? Local reefers are cheaper, no shipping and better health

R. Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When shopping online for coral I ask myself if I’ve ever seen something that looks this good in person. The answer is usually no.

I’ve purchased some coral off a member here and that has been my best “online” experience and price was way less then the big name stores.

OP
OP
Losirk

Losirk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you checked the livestock forum on here? Local reefers are cheaper, no shipping and better health
I'm in PA which is a fairly large state, is there any way to filter to Western PA?

OP
OP
Losirk

Losirk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When shopping online for coral I ask myself if I’ve ever seen something that looks this good in person. The answer is usually no.

I’ve purchased some coral off a member here and that has been my best “online” experience and price was way less then the big name stores.
Thank you

OP
OP
Losirk

Losirk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Basically the only thing you can do is understand the real value of the corals, not get suckered into places that do things to bring out colors that won't stay in a normal lighted reef tank in order to charge ridiculous prices. The name thing you mention drives me nuts as well, but they all seem to do it.

Even then, only on sale do I ever find things that are priced where they should be. And the bad part about that is you usually need to order a decent amount to get the free shipping, otherwise the price of the coral is terrible again.
I remember when zoa colonies were $10!! Sad to see where we are now

MNFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have gotten 10 orders from AquaSD and am always happy with what I receive and felt like I got a good deal.

vtecintegra

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I look at aquasd first when shopping. Even though I'm in FL, I don't even look at the big names here anymore, for obvious reasons $$$$$.

Just John

Valuable Member? Seriously?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have a look at www.Orchardreef.com. I think this may be what you are looking for.
Also, here are my bookmarks for coral vendors. You might something you have not seen. Both cheap and expensive ones in here. (The $20 shipping rates on some are for Florida only)

list.jpg

Bouncingsoul39

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There aren’t any truly reasonable coral online that i’m aware of. I’ve bought all my corals from other local hobbyists i found on local hobby forums and Craigslist. I may be luckier than some living in area with a ton of reefers but it’s worth checking out if there are any in yours.

mindme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I look at aquasd first when shopping. Even though I'm in FL, I don't even look at the big names here anymore, for obvious reasons $$$$$.

Going to Orlando is a waste of time. I went there last year for some work stuff for a few days, and made sure to go check out the local shops while I was there. I only live about 2 hours away, so I was hoping to pick some up on the way home.

Spent $0. And I'm not even expecting high end coral.

I did find out what "PP" meant in the process. Me: Well those might be reasonable priced or...wait, that means per polyp? So you want $50 for this zoa I can get anywhere else for $15? Not a chance.

Over in the Tampa area things are more reasonable. The Coral Corral has great prices, but their stock is mostly LPS. For me that is great since my main tank is mostly LPS. But I never see any SPS there and while they do have some zoa/paly, they are limited.

thereefhotspot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there,
Take a look at our site! We try our best to keep the prices very reasonable for what we are offering. Please feel free to reach out if you ever have any questions!

All the best,

Gavin

4 Aussie Green Wall Hammer 4 (2).JPG Bleeding Apple Scolymia 1.JPG

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just visiting my sister in largo, I feel you about the big name stores in orlando area. I was shocked at the prices! And I thought prices here in NY were ridiculous. lol

I did visit a shop in largo, I;m trying to remember the name..... Very nice corals, and I thought they were very decently priced. No super duper name game there either. They had like normal names and normal prices...... If I remember the name......

OOh yeah A tropical reef over on ulmerton road.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 22.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back