Where to find uncured live rock with coral?

Subtropic Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a system going but would like some unique corals not often seen in the hobby but common on wild reefs. Like browner soft coral and encrusting coral because I want my tank to have colors common in the wild and not look like a rainbow. I don’t know where I can buy LR with coral and hitchhikers. Where can I buy it at? Thanks

DungSl1nger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact KP aquatics they may be able to help. You won’t get a chunk of reef but you could get some rock with plenty of life.

GoingBroke88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tampa Bay Saltwater sells rock that comes with a ton of cool hitchhikers. A year after I got my original order I was still finding new stuff on it.

JosephM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally ordered KP and was super happy with it but no real corals that I could tell but lots of life. I have heard a lot about the corals and macro and life on Gulf Live Rock although their rock isn't super porous.

Alex808

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gulfliverock. Interesting stuff. I’ll be getting a big load of rock from them when I finally upgraded the system.

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tampa Bay Saltwater sells rock that comes with a ton of cool hitchhikers. A year after I got my original order I was still finding new stuff on it.
TBS is done unless you want to buy his business.
He will be missed.

Timfish

Crusty Old Salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All wild corals from the gulf and carribbean are illegal to collect or to import into the US. The corals growing on the terestial sourced rock used for maircultured live rock are in a grey area since it can be argued they were maircultured and not wild collected. I've found corals in every shipment of live rock I've gotten from GulfLiveRock.com. Be sure to specify air shipment and follow up closely to get it as soon as it lands.

At one time aquatouch.com had captive raised rose corals and you might contact them.

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
KP Aquatics is out of Tavernier, FL in the upper Keys. Not sure whether their aquaculture lease is on the Ocean side or Gulf side - and they probably don't want to reveal the exact location, which is understandable When I received liverock from them, there were (very small) coral colonies on it, along with a great deal of other life.

If you look around on the 'net enough, there are a few videos out there which show divers working on the KPA site - the water there is blue, rather than the green you see in videos I've seen of Tampa Bay's site - one of the things that motivated me to choose KPA for liverock.

~B.

Frostynipps

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a system going but would like some unique corals not often seen in the hobby but common on wild reefs. Like browner soft coral and encrusting coral because I want my tank to have colors common in the wild and not look like a rainbow. I don’t know where I can buy LR with coral and hitchhikers. Where can I buy it at? Thanks
I bought some rock from Gulfliverock.com and it was covered with cut corals and crust and corals all sorts of stuff clams oysters feather dusters tiny amenities I just made my order and these rocks come out of the gulf but there's plenty of Life on them all sorts of different things

Frostynipps

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought some rock from Gulfliverock.com and it was covered with cut corals and crust and corals all sorts of stuff clams oysters feather dusters tiny amenities I just made my order and these rocks come out of the gulf but there's plenty of Life on them all sorts of different things
Cup and encrusting corals along with the Coraline algae

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 135 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back