Where to get a mesh lid or diy kit?

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

Ordered a Fiji Cube and added on their mesh lids, however the product quality is extremely low. Bits and pieces of plastic sticking out everywhere, plastic has scratches all over straight out of packaging, doesn't actually sit flush, and it extends beyond the back wall and looks aesthetically pretty bad.

So I want to get something else. Basically I want a mesh lid where the spaces are only a maximum of 0.5cm apart - basically something more akin to the Innovative Marine lids.

Any suggestions on where would be the best places to get what I'd be after? Cost is not really the issue, I just want something good.

OP
OP
Azedenkae

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Either the Innovative Marine or Red Sea DIY kits would work. Note that with both you will need to cut the aluminum frames to length.
Thanks lol hahaha silly me, I was commending IM, thought did not cross my mind to actually just check them. >_>

When you say cut the alu frames, does that require any specialized cutting tool or anything like that?

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks lol hahaha silly me, I was commending IM, thought did not cross my mind to actually just check them. >_>

When you say cut the alu frames, does that require any specialized cutting tool or anything like that?
Anything that can cut aluminum. I've been told by a friend who made several lids that cutting the aluminum was a major PITA, so if you can find a place that specializes in cutting metal you'll get a nice edge.

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

A 24tpi hacksaw and a vise. A file to finish the edges.

Red sea make great diy kits (I have 2 on 2 tanks)

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 42 82.4%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.9%
Back