Where to get Cheapest FedEx overnight shipping rates

oldenred

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where can I find the cheapest shipping rates for coral shipping? Thank you in advance.

EMeyer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a large discount just by persistently calling FedEx and asking for it. I'd be curious to read about any shipping companies that offer a larger discount.

Be cautious, though. I've dealt with some sellers whose shipping company got them a good discount but then refused to refund payments for late shipments. Screw that; thats the only saving grace of overnight shipping. Its like the old "if your pizza takes more than 15 minutes to you its free!" If the shipment is even 5 minutes late I am definitely claiming my refund. A company that forbids refunds is off the table in my book.

FacebookJail

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Choice Global. Best rates and service I've dealt with, of 4 different 3rd party shippers. Best website as well.

Here is my rep

unnamed.png

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Shipnex.com

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Choice Global. Best rates and service I've dealt with, of 4 different 3rd party shippers. Best website as well.

Here is my rep

Lol who goes out of their way to post a picture of a sales rep from a shipping company they use!? (Hint: Someone who just signed up on the site today.)

So sad. On so many levels.

FacebookJail

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol who goes out of their way to post a picture of a sales rep from a shipping company they use!? (Hint: Someone who just signed up on the site today.)

What a rude comment. I just joined reef2reef yesterday after the slew of facebook censorship to the reef community. Like I had mentioned, I've used several 3rd parties. shipyouraquatics, shipnex, smartelogix (great rates but horrid service), and most recently Choice Global. I have zero affiliation with them aside from using their service and being VERY happy with it thus far.

Furthermore, I'm mostly certain that you cannot create an account, it has to be created by a rep, which is why I posted the rep's contact info.

Last edited:

FacebookJail

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Furthermore, this was posted in an area of the forum partially dedicated to shipping discussions. I replied to a thread titled "where to get the cheapest fedex overnight shipping rates"... and I provided my opinion based off a good bit of experience, and provided OP with means to aquire (likely) better rates... and your rhetoric is "so sad. on so many levels"??? Think you need to take a hard look in the mirror pal!

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

What is your goal ?

Lawpoke87

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where do you get $30 deal ?

I ask the vendor or individual to use my Fedex # which is tied to me corporate account. I get corporate rates. If you’re a frequent Fedex user it might be worth a phone call to inquire into a commercial account.

FacebookJail

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ask the vendor or individual to use my Fedex # which is tied to me corporate account. I get corporate rates. If you’re a frequent Fedex user it might be worth a phone call to inquire into a commercial account.

While this has potential for volume users, it does not apply to the average hobbyist looking to find a more affordable means of shipping to fellow hobbyist. Most individuals will not quality for these rates, and that's unfortunate, but it's the business model that these companies embrace.

Last edited:

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the tip

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Shipping rates can get crazy and I believe that there should be a concern as to where we can get best rates to ship especially larger items and livestock. The common $40 overnight has become $45 and inching higher possibly.
There is a level of arrogance implied in this posting and if the subject matter seems irrelevant, I think in due respect, it can be left alone and ignored rather than collaborated on a grade school level.

EMeyer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you exaggerating or do they actually refund if not delivered right on time? How big of a hastle is it to get them to honor refund policies?
In fairness, I exaggerated, I havent had a shipment arrive 5 minutes late. But I have gotten refunds for overnight shipments that take an additional day.

USPS is good about refunds on priority express, but it takes about 2 weeks to get your money back.

My shipping solution, ShipStation, arranges the refunds for you so you don't have to go to USPS, and you get your money within about 24 hours.

I'll say again that any shipping solution that does not allow easy refunds is off the table for me -- the shipping companies are absolutely ripping off individuals and small businesses, by charging us more than 2-3 times what the big guys pay. (It doesnt cost FedEx 3 times more to handle my box; like any market where prices are individually negotiated this is fundamentally unjust).

I got about a 45% discount from FedEx by asking, but couldnt get them to go any lower. So my overnight shipping costs are $45 before we even get into box, etc. But thats through FedEx; ShipStation doesnt offer any useful discounts (maybe 10% or something)

For those promoting other shipping solutions:
1. What overnight prices are you getting?
2. Does your shipping company offer easy refunds for late deliveries?

Thanks!

FacebookJail

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those promoting other shipping solutions:
1. What overnight prices are you getting?
2. Does your shipping company offer easy refunds for late deliveries?

Thanks!

ShipYourAquatics - 45%, for $2.50 insurance on each package they will refund it if its 1 minute or greater regardless of reason, no questions asked. Pretty solid option in my opinion. Excellent customer service as well.
Shipnex - Only used a couple times but I believe 40%, uncertain if they refund on late delivery.
Smartelogix/eshipper - 60% off retail rate (not fees), No refunds, no customer service.
Choice Global - 60% off retail rate (also seem to have lower fees such as residential delivery and fuel surcharge), accounts not charged for late deliveries unless delay due to weather or "acts of God" I was told that this was FedEx's policy for not charging them.

Hope this helps.

Back