Where to get coral and fish online in Sydney?

tom's_tank

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone I was just wondering if anyone knew where to get fish and coral online in Sydney?
Anyone know a website?
giphy.gif

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's quite a few around Sydney. Have you contacted any? Eastwood....etc?

OP
OP
tom's_tank

tom's_tank

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry just thought the kind and loving people on here might know a couple of places. Obviously not then.

fluked

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Late to reply, I'm from sydney as well, I've bought from Gee marine which is based in qld, got everything no issues. Also bought from oceanarium, everything besides a fungia came alive from them, though a few aptasia. Also been looking at reefsecrets and oceans reef marine. If anyone else finds more decent online places, or has experience buying from any of these let me know

Lightspeed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry just thought the kind and loving people on here might know a couple of places. Obviously not then.

Hey fellow Aussie, i am over in the west, but have had plenty to do with vendors during my build and stocking.

Sorry i cant be much help with fish but for coral see these below.

https://www.sydneydiscusworld.com/, i have never purchased from them but they have decent stock but are pricey, only reason i have not ordered livestock is due to Covid, theres a few i have purchased gear from in Qld too, but again not livestock due to Covid.
Check out:

So far all my livestock has come from these guys in the West and they will ship Nationally:
Ocean Reefs get some of their livestock locally here in the West direct from collectors, Corals come from Monsoon Aquatics, Batavia Coral Farms and also Collectors from Karratha area.

Also there's these guys in the West who will special order my top Ultra grades and up:
They source from Monsoon Aquatics and Ultra Corals Australia.

I think your best bet seeing as though Covid is playing hell with national distribution at retail stage is to email or call Monsoon Aquatics and Ultra Corals Australia and ask for their Vendors in your local area and go from there, sometimes it a mission to build a rapport with vendors so be patient and make sure you have the coin for what you are looking for.
In addition the two West Aussie places i have quoted above have facebook sites so you may want to do some constructive networking to establish some contacts for yourself in your area by recommendation.

CoralGoblin8

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey fellow Aussie, i am over in the west, but have had plenty to do with vendors during my build and stocking.

Sorry i cant be much help with fish but for coral see these below.

https://www.sydneydiscusworld.com/, i have never purchased from them but they have decent stock but are pricey, only reason i have not ordered livestock is due to Covid, theres a few i have purchased gear from in Qld too, but again not livestock due to Covid.
Check out:

So far all my livestock has come from these guys in the West and they will ship Nationally:
Ocean Reefs get some of their livestock locally here in the West direct from collectors, Corals come from Monsoon Aquatics, Batavia Coral Farms and also Collectors from Karratha area.

Also there's these guys in the West who will special order my top Ultra grades and up:
They source from Monsoon Aquatics and Ultra Corals Australia.

I think your best bet seeing as though Covid is playing hell with national distribution at retail stage is to email or call Monsoon Aquatics and Ultra Corals Australia and ask for their Vendors in your local area and go from there, sometimes it a mission to build a rapport with vendors so be patient and make sure you have the coin for what you are looking for.
In addition the two West Aussie places i have quoted above have facebook sites so you may want to do some constructive networking to establish some contacts for yourself in your area by recommendation.
I know this is an old thread, but do NOT purchase from Sydney Discus World. If you look at local FB groups or their google reviews, they are a scam store. They wont deliver your goods and will fight to not refund you. Literally hundreds of people have been scammed, its well known within the hobby here, have no idea how they are still in business.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back