where to get quality fittings/equipment in Australia

shamrock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
calling all Australian members

apologies if this is very obvious... believe me i've looked and have found a few sources, but would like some experienced people to provide me with your pearls of wisdom. thank you

could you please provide your sources for obtaining equipment, tanks, plumbing etc? i'm having a bit of tough time finding gate valves, ball valves and a few other bits and pieces...

i've had a look at
ebay
bunnings
reece
LFSs

ps. you don't know how much choice you have in the US. most vendors won't even ship to us :eek:
thanks
sk

Peach02

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For fittings most LFS have them behind the counter or on ask, I've seen a bunch at bespoke aqueriums on display but others seem to have them in storage. Otherwise you can check online

OP
OP
S

shamrock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious about your opinions on LFS. I'm in Wollongong NSW. Got a few near me like majestic aquariums which I'm yet to check out. I need a friend In the US :rolleyes:

Scrubber_steve

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious about your opinions on LFS. I'm in Wollongong NSW. Got a few near me like majestic aquariums which I'm yet to check out. I need a friend In the US :rolleyes:
Contact Coral Madness in Kanahooka, Craig. He may have some knowledge.
In Shellharbour here.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@samparker (Parkers Reef) has a YouTube series that includes a tour of several Australian LFSs. Good luck!

Peach02

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been to a few in the area, I live in Baulkham hills so a little different.
my faveroutes so far with what they are best at are

Bespoke - coral, rare fish, plumbing fittings and they have waterbox tanks on display and sell premade scapes

Fish tank - more mainstream fish and corals and have two orange hammers in currently and can order almost anything in.

Majestic - imported things and rare fish and sharks

Kellyville pets - sometimes have really good fish sometimes average but have a good variety of clowns usually their coral isn’t great though

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back