Where to hang, mount, or set my RODI

WannaBSpaghetti

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HI R2R,

I just purchased my 5 stage RODI unit and have the perfect (only) place for it in my basement next to the sole utility faucet in my home - but there is a snag.
One thing I forgot to consider is that the walls of my basement are stone. All stone. Nowhere for screws or fasteners to be secured. I could hang from the crossbeams but then all the meters and gauges become worthless.
Have any of you found yourselves in this pickle and come up with a decent solve?

Thanks,
Planning on Becoming Spaghetti

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HI R2R,

I just purchased my 5 stage RODI unit and have the perfect (only) place for it in my basement next to the sole utility faucet in my home - but there is a snag.
One thing I forgot to consider is that the walls of my basement are stone. All stone. Nowhere for screws or fasteners to be secured. I could hang from the crossbeams but then all the meters and gauges become worthless.
Have any of you found yourselves in this pickle and come up with a decent solve?

Thanks,
Could you create some kind of mounting board that either stands on the ground or hangs from the cross beams?

TriggerFinger

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HI R2R,

Thanks,

What did you come up with? Found your post searching for a solution to the exact same problem.

TriggerFinger

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea...I’m not equipped or skilled enough for all that. I’m think I’m going to make a stand and screw it to that. Thanks though!

Sleepydoc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Several options I can think of -
- Mount a board on the wall using construction adhesive like liquid nails, then just screw into the board.
- check with your local hardware store, Home Depot, neighbor, etc about renting a hammer drill. You can buy Tapcon screws that simply screw into the hole. It’s acutally quite easy and would take less than 20-30 min (this is what I did) if you can make a stand, you can do this.
- make a stand like you were planning on doing.
- there’s nothing that says the filters have to hang on a wall. You can simply set them on the floor or on a shelf, too.

TriggerFinger

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
- there’s nothing that says the filters have to hang on a wall. You can simply set them on the floor or on a shelf, too.
I’m going to drain di water to a brute. Doesn’t the unit need to be higher than the brute so gravity keeps the water flowing?

Sleepydoc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No - the RO (& DI) water coming out is pressurized (slightly) from you household water supply. My DI unit is actually slightly below the top of my reservoir. You don't want a ton of back pressure, but a couple of feet won't matter. Just make sure you have it set up so it can't back siphon.

Sleepydoc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No - the RO (& DI) water coming out is pressurized (slightly) from you household water supply. My DI unit is actually slightly below the top of my reservoir. You don't want a ton of back pressure, but a couple of feet won't matter. Just make sure you have it set up so it can't back siphon.

Sleepydoc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

OP
OP
WannaBSpaghetti

WannaBSpaghetti

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What did you come up with? Found your post searching for a solution to the exact same problem.

Sorry for the late reply - I actually did find a solution! My basement has exposed boards in the ceiling. I went out and grabbed used wooden pallet and fastened it to one of the rafters. I installed everything on that pallet which is hanging above my collection cans as well. Its not elegant, but its functional.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 130 59.4%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 64 29.2%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 78 35.6%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 39 17.8%
  • Other

Votes: 63 28.8%
Back