Where to place my acans.

Jake_the_reefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 nice scan frags I want to glue to rockwork, but i am not sure where. Where would you guys place these? If you need to know flow/light intensity of certain spots i can clarify :)
This is more just looking for suggestions that would look nice

20190917_175947.jpg 20190917_175938.jpg

VB313

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends are you ever going to frag them if yes leave them on sandbed only issue it’s they kinda grow into a ballshape on the sandbed

OP
OP
Jake_the_reefer

Jake_the_reefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends are you ever going to frag them if yes leave them on sandbed only issue it’s they kinda grow into a ballshape on the sandbed
Right now they are on a frag rack. But they can do well on a sandbed? I was unsure if they got irritated and stunted growth on sand.

VB313

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
then glue them to rock target feed and watch them grow I love them too I usualy keep mine on sandbed I been keeping on frag rack cause my hermits toss them too much

melanotaenia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glue them to that rock directly under the frag rack with some decent spacing in between and watch them grow and multiply. I am not sure what light you have but judging from the photo and how they look now that placement should be good for light/flow, as you don't want them to get too much light. Try giving them reef roids via syringe to get them extra puffy.

Here is how I have mine on my rocks now, near the bottom of the tank (20" tall aquarium)

IMG_1567.JPG

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good,

Is this your current build thread. I want to keep up on it, sounds like your doing good things.

OP
OP
Jake_the_reefer

Jake_the_reefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good,

Is this your current build thread. I want to keep up on it, sounds like your doing good things.

That is my build thread for my biocube :) going to post an update this week when I get a cuc. This tank pictured is my main 20g.

OP
OP
Jake_the_reefer

Jake_the_reefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glue them to that rock directly under the frag rack with some decent spacing in between and watch them grow and multiply. I am not sure what light you have but judging from the photo and how they look now that placement should be good for light/flow, as you don't want them to get too much light. Try giving them reef roids via syringe to get them extra puffy.

Here is how I have mine on my rocks now, near the bottom of the tank (20" tall aquarium)

IMG_1567.JPG
I was thinking of doing that rock but I already have a zoa frag established there and a nem decided to hop on that rock as well. If the zoas can get along with the acans I'll for sure put them there! I could try and move the zoas.
Light is ai prime hd david saxby settings

VB313

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine extend their feeders at night I target feed reef roids I love watching them respond

melanotaenia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great placement; the beauty of Acans is once they grow and start to get close to one another they don't sting and kill one another. I like to feed mine reef roids slurry and copepods. Good luck! Watch out for that nem :)

OP
OP
Jake_the_reefer

Jake_the_reefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great placement; the beauty of Acans is once they grow and start to get close to one another they don't sting and kill one another. I like to feed mine reef roids slurry and copepods. Good luck! Watch out for that nem :)
I do reef roids when the lights are winding down every monday and thursday. And yeah that nem is a pain. I added it to my tank and it put its self on top of my red and blue acan so I moved it to the rack with the rest. I removed them from the plug and that's where they will stay. The nem gives me problems I'll blast it with a powerhead

OP
OP
Jake_the_reefer

Jake_the_reefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine extend their feeders at night I target feed reef roids I love watching them respond
I'm not sure why but all mine are open during the day all big and beautiful then close for the night. (They probably have become accustom to my feeding schedule)

RedSea500MaxS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Low and flow, and feed the heck out of them. Best corals in our tanks and hugely over looked for SPS and Zoas.

Back