Where to place my coral?

Amantijt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there, after all these sales and all I have a boat load of coral (19). I need to figure out where to place them to make the tank feel together! I have minimalistic amount of rock because i want a lot of free moving water. List of frags are 1 blasto 2 favia 3 acan 2 palys 3 ricordia 1 favities 1 neon star polyp 1 hammer and 5 zoas. Picture is of my tank during dry aquascaping and is currently how i have it set up. I do want to get a torch and a frogspawn later as well in the future so i'm trying to keep that in mind. Lighting currently is 2 Redsea 50w over a 40 gallon tank about 16inches deep after substrate. ive done all the research and know where i should put them but would like some good ideas on what to do to make it flow later down the line as they grow. Thanks!

aquascape.JPG

Drysea

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not familiar with you light but it doesn’t sound like it would be a real coral burner at that wattage. You can probably put most higher up. The best is if you have access to a par meter so you are not guessing. As long as you have them in enough light it is all a matter of taste. A few of those might send sweepers favia sometimes do. Just give them all a little space

King Turkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there, after all these sales and all I have a boat load of coral (19). I need to figure out where to place them to make the tank feel together! I have minimalistic amount of rock because i want a lot of free moving water. List of frags are 1 blasto 2 favia 3 acan 2 palys 3 ricordia 1 favities 1 neon star polyp 1 hammer and 5 zoas. Picture is of my tank during dry aquascaping and is currently how i have it set up. I do want to get a torch and a frogspawn later as well in the future so i'm trying to keep that in mind. Lighting currently is 2 Redsea 50w over a 40 gallon tank about 16inches deep after substrate. ive done all the research and know where i should put them but would like some good ideas on what to do to make it flow later down the line as they grow. Thanks!

aquascape.JPG
The zoa's are gonna be lowest light then richordai. The hammer could take the most light out all those but with 2 red sea 50 I would not place it hight then half way up tank and not right under a light. I have a red sea 90 over a 40 it puts out alot of light I have acros 3/4 the way up in the center of the tank.

sixty_reefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They seem to be most low light corals, I would start by keeping them at the sandbed for a few days to acclimate, then I’d just mount them in low to mid levels and see how they react. If you have a par meter den life it’s easier and you could just google the par for each coral and place it according.

King Turkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They seem to be most low light corals, I would start by keeping them at the sandbed for a few days to acclimate, then I’d just mount them in low to mid levels and see how they react. If you have a par meter den life it’s easier and you could just google the par for each coral and place it according.
I have same tank and red sea 90 par should be around 280 a inch above half way. Probly 360 3-4 inch from top. Sand bed I believe was 160 right under light corners I think 100. Bulk reef supply does a par video on this lights spread and depth. Pretty similar to kessil light.

OP
OP
Amantijt

Amantijt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All corals are in and doing well most being on the sand bed as of now. Only ones I’ve moved to low/mid are a couple of Acans and a Favia to see how they react. Also moved the hammer towards the too but on the side of arc way to get good flow and decent lighting has really taken it well. Thanks your all your responses.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.6%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 15.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 73 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%
Back