where to purchase? temp vat fiberglass tank. help tank cracked

speedstar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 300G tank just cracked in the face, I assume due to stress, alot more than light crazing it goes about 1/16th of an inch deep. Needless to say I need to find a temp solution for several months or get out of the hobby.

I am looking for where to purchase the fiberglass tanks stores / coral farms usually use that are shallow, and about 2' X 6~8'

Any direction appreciated. I do know of the rubbermaid stock tanks but that will not hold the coral and such that I have with them being more deep than having surface area. I plan to use on as a sump, but need something to hold the livestock.

Thanks

jgirardnrg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What you're looking for are Rubbermaid stock tanks or hydroponic reservoir trays. The hydroponic trays com in varying depths. Do you have a farm supply store like Tractor Supply near you?

NoMu Fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

CoralStop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sorry to hear that! Unfortunately I don't know any places that sell tanks specifically for this use. However, I do know some of my friends have used things like cattle feeding troughs or other substitutes that work great. Here is one my friend has used in the past.
https://growershouse.com/botanicare...mZT9E2vBfp1c1elmkP3Id_2LjvgJckABoCo4gQAvD_BwE
Hey how is your friends tank running with this? I’m looking into purchasing it and want to quadruple check it’s reef safe. Has he had any issues with leeching? Thanks

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 35.1%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 33 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back