Where to put a refugium in this sump?

Brownie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, i'm looking for some help about refugiums and sumps. To my understanding and what i have read and been told by some LFS, my 2nd or 3rd section is the only place it can go and the baffle between them goes underneath, which i have been told isn't ideal. I have asked a few LFS if i can just cut the glass in between them and have one long section for the fuge and heater and they've all said i should be easy doable. But after looking at it today it seems like i would mess up the level in what would be the third section which has put me off.

Does this sump need altering(glass cutting), or does one of the sections look fine. I am a newbie taking it slowly and i would greatly appreciate some help.
MS paint god.jpg
ivEoWVi.jpg

OP
OP
B

Brownie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would put it in chamber 2 and if youre using a skimmer, put the skimmer in chamber 3.
No alteration needed.
Do you think the 2nd section is large enough and is the baffle being at the bottom a problem? Also i was going to put my skimmer in the overflow section with the sock, i have been told that would be the best place, is that not so? Thanks.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 48 34.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 45 32.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 32 23.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back