Where would you mount this chalice coral?

Juka087

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this chalice coral for free recently, and am wondering were I should mount it. My whole tank is zoas more or less, and I have no idea about chalice corals. I have heard they can sting things, and so wondering were you guys would mount this. The tank in question is a nuvo 10.

1601323575898.png

1601323609345.png

OP
OP
J

Juka087

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Low flow, med light
Right that doesn't.... yea know like where in the nuvo ten. There is a picture of the nuvo 10. Will it sting stuff if close by like. The whole tank is med light.

miyags

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure thats not a cyphastrea? looks like its covered with little polyps.If it is, its an encrusting coral and they will cover over skulls there are a few posts with skulls completely covered.

SaltISlife

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a cyphastrea. Can you take a better picture with less blues and more up close ? Chalices dont have polyps like that.

If it is a cyphastrea they tend to like very low lights the best but they will encrust over the entire skeleton thing. And they will grow right over other corals

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 52 55.9%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 28 30.1%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.5%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.2%
Back