Where's the bubble algae magic treatment???

LJLKRL05

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
API AlgaeFix Marine worked for mine. It started turning translucent within in a couple of weeks and then melted away. Works for other algae as well and is reef safe.

JasPR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Raise your alkalinity . Double your water changes, raise your SG to 1025. Get rid of metalhalides, do vodka dosing- use the toothbrush- guaranteed no bubble algae in 3 months

Koi Obsession

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a rock covered in it and when you get enough in one place it looks really cool. In fact I have sold a few frags of it because people seem to like it when they can have a Golf ball size that is full of pods. Learn to love it it will help you enjoy your tank more,,,,, lolo

infinityends

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had some luck with ultra algaex a few years ago (now DinoX - not sure if formula changed at all) it didn’t eradicate it. But bubble algae was significantly reduced for a while (6-9 months before noticeable resurgence)

I also used a higher dosage for longer than suggested. Didn’t see any issues in my system but do so at your own risk.

Even using the anti fungal that kills bryopsis multiple times I still see that come back in certain places after a few months. And regardless of what other product comes out for bubble algae in the future. It may do a good job of knocking it back but likely won’t kill it all for good and will require follow up doses to keep in check. Luckily, at least it appears this way in my system, bubble algae grows slower than bryopsis. So it would likely require fewer maintenance doses.

Last edited:

matronga

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Emerald crabs. I took over the maintenance of a 240 gal. in a medical center with live coral and rock wall to wall. The bubble algae was in there by the thousands. Most people visiting probably has no clue as to what they were. I added 25 emerald crabs and within a few months all the bubble algae that they could get to are gone. It has now been a year and a half and I still fine some on the overflow and power heads from time to time, but I just take a tooth brush and brush them off. Same tank was covered in flatworms and a couple of wrasses took care of that. Hope this helps.

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vibrant used to combat gha, tweezers for the occasional bubble. I had a good experience with Vibrant knocking out all algae, I didn’t have a cyano outbreak .

reeftopia

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took vibrant 3 months to work the week it eradicated my algae I also lost about 10 lps. Cant prove it
but curious if anyone else has similar experience.

Jamesmost

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Have not had the pleasure of bubnl alage yet....
Where does it come from ?
I did gert a piece of coral and gghere was some bubble in the bag, must have been on base and knocked off....

Bassman733

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have bubble algae and got an emerald crab that keeps it in check. I still see small clumps every now and then but the crab keeps it from taking over

Ezeke1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the folks who used Vibrant to rid bubble algae successfully , please state what kind of dosage you followed and how long It took? Were the results gradual?

According to the instructions cleaner tanks should dose every two weeks at 1ml per 25g while dirtier tanks should dose weekly. It’s not specified what constitutes a “dirty” tank :)

ArkBlue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now I don't post much, but I have found is some tang's will eat them but also fox faces love them but that is most can't say EVERYONE. Now about two years ago I had a out brake of bubble algae and some hex algae that I like anywho I bought a fox face with a desjardini tang and they ate every algae there was lol even the hex 8(, I haven't had the best of luck ever with emerald crabs doing much but with my bubbles.

ReefManKen

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was getting algae grapes on my zoa colonies for a while. What I did was took the rocks out and used tweezers to pluck the stalk at the base and scrapped the slime from it off and always dipped the tweezer ends on Rodi water to eliminate spores in case. Tossing the vines of grapes and now my problem is solved.

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When the tank looked liked a golf course I dosed weekly. Took approximately 6 weeks, tank was clean. Algae not including g a lot of bubble. When I notice the gha coming back I dose every other week, only took two doses to rid it. I also dosed Panta Lith on the second dose, Triton test showed metal.

ChrisOFL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From my understanding of emerald crab behavior, it seems like the males (and only the full grown ones) will eat bubble algae. I have one HUGE male emerald crab who is able to keep my bubble algae at a reasonable level. I never manually remove it except when it affects the flow my RW-8 (crab can't get up that high). I've definitely seen a reduction over time, I'm talking a year here, and he continues to keep it under control. I should also mention that no matter what I do, my tank always registers 0.00 phosphates on my Hanna checker and this does hinder algae growth significantly in my tank.

Whasmack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dosed Vibrant & got a foxface - No more bubble algae.

I attribute other issues in my tank to vibrant, and no longer use it. Still no bubble algae, but that Foxface is a pigglet.

neoGeorge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I connected a straw (end cut at a bias) to the input of a canister filter and vacuumed away the bubble algae - extremely effective and no chemicals.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back