Which “Reef Safe with Caution” fish are you happy you added?

Reefpuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to say my flame angel... cuz for the most part he leaves my corals alone.

However he doesn't leave the other fish alone. Not a model citizen... and on the way out soon.

Shredded

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Always wanted an Asfur but terrified to do it. Anyone have one? Experience?

ZaneTer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My harlequin tuskfish. I bought it at 1" because of the price. It was a very stressful first year because it got beaten up so frequently but it is one of my favourite fish in my tank.

Dianemetcalf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Pink TailTrigger, a Harlequin Tusk and a Dragon Wrasse in my reef. I love them and have had no problems. The first day the dragon wrasse was in the tank, he caused a dust storm but since then, great tank mates! I don't mind replacing hermits and snails occasionally.

jd371

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This guy. Always wanted a nice showpiece fish and had an Aptasia problem so why not kill two birds right? Wrong... never touched the Aptasia but never touched any of the corals either so I got a nice showpiece fish. The Aptasia was eventually eliminated with Berghia Nudibranch.

hO2D22Dl.jpg

OP
OP
Eva Rose

Eva Rose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Pink TailTrigger, a Harlequin Tusk and a Dragon Wrasse in my reef. I love them and have had no problems. The first day the dragon wrasse was in the tank, he caused a dust storm but since then, great tank mates! I don't mind replacing hermits and snails occasionally.
Do you have any pics? That is a cool assortment of unique fish! Also did you add the Dragon Wrasse as a juvi? The Dragon Wrasse undergoes such San amazing transformation. I have only seen one DW in person.

OP
OP
Eva Rose

Eva Rose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This guy. Always wanted a nice showpiece fish and had an Aptasia problem so why not kill two birds right? Wrong... never touched the Aptasia but never touched any of the corals either so I got a nice showpiece fish. The Aptasia was eventually eliminated with Berghia Nudibranch.

hO2D22Dl.jpg
Does your CBB eat from your hand?

Dianemetcalf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have any pics? That is a cool assortment of unique fish! Also did you add the Dragon Wrasse as a juvi? The Dragon Wrasse undergoes such San amazing transformation. I have only seen one DW in person.

Dianemetcalf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had the Dragon Wrasse for quite a while. He was in my fowlr tank. He is still a juvenile. It is hard to get very good pics.

3098AAC0-53A8-41B6-8652-5BD057C6418A.jpeg

15598FD4-3D76-4070-AB4D-E37ED65104AF.jpeg

Dianemetcalf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love this hobby! I have my tank in my office and enjoy it immensely! The Dragon Wrasse is one of my favorites!

jd371

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does your CBB eat from your hand?
You know I never tried feeding him with my hand. My fish get live Black worms first before getting either LRS or a cube of Mysis, and the Clowns and the CBB are right at the surface waiting for the worms. The CBB does eat the worms right from the dropper and if I keep it stationary he'll eat them all so I have to keep it moving so the other fish get a chance.

Todd A.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flame Angle & Blue Spot Toby at home DT and a Coral Beauty & Valentini Puffer at my office DT.
None have ever picked at any corals and are pretty much model citizens, although my Blue Spot Toby will munch on any invert he can. I go thru snails like crazy which is way more preferable to having to replace the coral. He'll actually flip them over if they're on the sand and pick them right out of the shell. I've actually been lucky in that sense as with 2 tanks and nearly 20 fish, none seem to have the taste for coral.

OP
OP
Eva Rose

Eva Rose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flame Angle & Blue Spot Toby at home DT and a Coral Beauty & Valentini Puffer at my office DT.
None have ever picked at any corals and are pretty much model citizens, although my Blue Spot Toby will munch on any invert he can. I go thru snails like crazy which is way more preferable to having to replace the coral. He'll actually flip them over if they're on the sand and pick them right out of the shell. I've actually been lucky in that sense as with 2 tanks and nearly 20 fish, none seem to have the taste for coral.
Tobies are my favorite puffers.

C-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All these gorgeous angles!!! I really really really want a Coral Beauty or Flame Angel but not sure how much of a risk it is with a mainy LPS dominant mixed reef. I keep my reef very well fed, e.g. two small feedings per day.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 37 30.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 30 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back