which bulb would you say has given you the best growth or color?

RogerWilco357

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I ask this question because I hear it alot .which bulb gives best color or growth and in my opinion the metal halide has give me the best growth ..that being said the Ushio 10K has been my champion for growth ..Now for color the T5 bulb has given me alot of color from reds to blues even yellow's I use mostly ATI bulbs mixed with the Fiji KZ bulb.
L.E.D I have yet to try so cannot tell you if A brown coral will color up under them sure someone here can answer that question...either way what bulb would you say has given you the best growth and color.

turbo21

Fenchies and Fish Oh My
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My best growth was from a cheapo ebay 400w 10k bulb. My best color was when i ran vho super actinic and white actinic. I have not had any tanks with t-5 or led......Yet

bob

Captain Nemo

Look Ma, it's Nemo!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I like my 14k XM 250 MH with dual actinic support. Recently switched to a 20k, so will let you know......

swannyson7

Moderator/Acro Aficianado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the best growth back when I had 250w Phoenix 14k halides supplemented with T5, but I have the best color with my current mix of LED and T5

Justdrew

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used 250w DE Phoenix for about 5 years. I had decent growth and what I though was decent color. I recently tore down a larger tank and kept a 37 gallon running. I had the 250W Phoenix on the 37. For fun one day I put my 400W Radium over the tank. The overall color is very similar, but the colors on the corals were popping like they never had with the Phoenix. I will probably never buy a Phoenix bulb again. Everything just looked so washed out with it compared to the Radium. Hope my encounters help you out.

Drew

OP
OP
RogerWilco357

RogerWilco357

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so between the 10k and the 14k bulb? I know aesthetically the 14 is nice color and all but I thought for sure the 10k would give the best growth overall guessed wrong lol thanks for the input ..seems metals rule?

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 25 80.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.5%
Back