Which calcium reactor would you run on your new system?

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm thinking about my new build and working through multiple decisions. One of those was whether to go with a dosing setup or calcium reactor. While I think a doser could work at least to get started, I really lean toward getting a Cal Rx, and I figure it's going to happen at some point. So...if you were setting up a calcium reactor for a large reef system (mine will be 225g), what would you use for that setup?

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Calcium Reactor is the way to go! The media you use makes a big difference.

Little bit of a learning curve but once you master it, there is literally nothing to it.

C8638118-DDF0-413D-B1E7-335D2363A36D.jpeg

Last edited:

Kodski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you were aiming for a SPS dominated tank I would go with the Kalk/CARx combo. I don't have any experience with a CARx but I'd probably try the reef octopus one. Never been disappointed in a RO product yet.

mdrobc13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
where do you mount it? In your sump? Like the Reef Octopus Varios models.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 35 61.4%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 14 24.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.8%
Back