Which Camera is best to watch tank from my phone while on long vaca? TIA

Colorz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting ready to leave for 2 week vaca and my gut is telling me to have a camera set up so I can watch my tank like a hawk! Neighbor is feeding but clueless on what to look for if any of my reef family has a problem arise while I'm away.

I dont have a ring etc currently at home so looking for camera that shows my tank with decently clear feed I can view from my phone :)

OP
OP
Colorz

Colorz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting ready to leave for 2 week vaca and my gut is telling me to have a camera set up so I can watch my tank like a hawk! Neighbor is feeding but clueless on what to look for if any of my reef family has a problem arise while I'm away.

I dont have a ring etc currently at home so looking for camera that shows my tank with decently clear feed I can view from my phone :)
I do have this lens set i could attach to camera if needed to see tank better

Attachments

• 20210616_182933.jpg
    20210616_182933.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 82
OP
OP
Colorz

Colorz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also use a Wyze cam. It works good for day to day and is excellent when on vacation for me. I set it up right in front of tank with a Orphek lens and I can see everything.

This is a pic I took from the cam when I was on vacation last week.
45246EEE-81DD-4030-86C0-F70630B5A4F7.png
Absolutely perfect and clear!!!! Thank you!!!! Any particular model so I can order it now lol

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How can you beat a $25 Wyze Camera?

I own 7 of them setup thruout my house.

3 of fish tank / sump
2 on bearded dragon tank
1 showing front door and driveways (security)
1 showing back glass sliding door (security)

Nick Steele

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What exactly would you do if a frag fell or even if the tank spontaneously burst? You're SOL anyway.
Contact neighbor if there is something slightly off they could fix. If my tank burst while I was on vacation I might just head home depending on where I was.

On my trip I didn’t have anyone go feed or anything and if a frag fell I would just hope it would still be alive when I got home. Corals are replaceable but getting home to clean up 20G of water would probably save a ton of money instead of leaving it sit for a week

OP
OP
Colorz

Colorz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What fun is that!!!! He’ll just be worried all the time about the tank!!! On my week vacation I looked maybe once a day if that when I was gone gave me peace of mind
Yup! Once or twice a day check in-between beers will do me just fine lol

Back