OP
Keesers

Keesers

Captain Saltwater Pants
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve used a few different test kits and recently purchased a Hannah for high range copper... let me tell you first hand.. don’t bother with other kits!

You will get a small range and play the match up the color to guess which shade of blue is it..

when dealing with copper especially, the amount of copper dose for therapeutic levels and lethal are to close for guess work..

Also purchase more reagents as the kit comes with enough for 6 tests
You my friend should get the excellence award for this tip. Bravo Bravo I had no idea that it only had six tests. I placed my order then saw this , hit the brakes and went back and placed another order for the 25 pack or reagents. Fingers crossed they will put the shipments together

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
You my friend should get the excellence award for this tip. Bravo Bravo I had no idea that it only had six tests. I placed my order then saw this , hit the brakes and went back and placed another order for the 25 pack or reagents. Fingers crossed they will put the shipments together
My Hanna High Range test kit came with 25 tests.
But after doing a quick check at BRS, I see it now says 6 tests, but the same price.
Hmm

TheShrimpNibbler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to use the seachem copper test, and I hated it. You had to try and compare your blue water sample to a purple piece of paper. It was really a guessing game.
I got the Hanna last week, and I wish I would have gotten it sooner. It’s so easy to use. It did only come with 6 reagents as others have said.

Erick Armanii

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I was doing my quarantine setup and had to revert to my salfrit kit to get it close to 50ppms and when I checked with Hannah I was 38ppm one time and then 62ppm (both said I was at the 50ppm range)

I ended up using the entire 6 reagents in one session lmaooo needless to say my last reading came in at 44 ppm and I left it there until my box of 25 reagents came in!

OP
OP
Keesers

Keesers

Captain Saltwater Pants
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Hanna High Range test kit came with 25 tests.
But after doing a quick check at BRS, I see it now says 6 tests, but the same price.
Hmm
Yes only Six now from The places I could actually get one from right now. So was a good call thankful the reagents were available and cheap

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you use Coppersafe or other copper like Cupramine?
It works for both but Copper Power would be my recommendation. As @Big G said, we had a lot of problems with inconsistent potency for coppersafe, and killed many fish overdosing before we figured it out (before we had the Hanna checker).

Coppersafe may be fine now, but after dosing as directed and yielding 2.5PPM to 5.5PPM (i am not exaggerating) with most around 3.5-4.5 PPM is unforgivable and I will never again buy their product. Many people on here experienced these issues a year or more ago. That's a MAJOR oversight in quality control, IMO, and fish paid for it with their lives -- especially for the novice.

Erick Armanii

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use cuppermine and haven’t had an issue on 6+ years of running a QT. Regardless of what you use, take it slow when getting it to therapeutic levels. Make the adjustments over the course of a couple days. (Start with 1/2 the dose, the gradually get it to full dose)

One thing to note... not all fish respond well to copper especially ones that are scaleless like Blennys or thicker slime coats like wrasses..

Depending on what fish you plan on keeping its a good idea to have some other methods or medicine available.

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cupramine has no benefits over Copper Power. The margin of error is much lower and its harder to get accurate measurements on the lower concentration. I used cupramine at first and its doable but after switching to CP its just much easier.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 162 61.6%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 69 26.2%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 91 34.6%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 45 17.1%
  • Other

Votes: 69 26.2%
Back