Which Chemi-Pure Should You Use: Original, Elite, Blue, or Green?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

40B Knasty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Chemi Pure Elite melted my Aussie Gold Torch(had this beautiful orange tint to it) and Yellow Hammer which I can't find to replace it after a year. Dang you Chemi Pure!

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
Can you put Chemipure Into a media reactor?
Yes, just keep it inside of the media bag it comes in. The product is designed to work great passively but when actively pushing water through the media you will get even more contact time for quicker results.

They are pretty clear in stating that you should never cut open the bag and pull the media out so just be sure to keep it inside the bag and you are good to go!

-Robert @ MD

40B Knasty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Can you put Chemipure Into a media reactor?
Just make sure you understand there is GFO in it. That stuff will strip a tank to fast of nutrients. If you have never used GFO. A little goes a long way. So a whole bag of it can do a number on a tank. I have heard from others as well after the damage was done that it is to much GFO. Meaning using a table spoon of GFO works and this is a bag the size of a grown man's fist.

Captain Quint

Plank Owner of the Orca
View Badges
Reaction score
MarineDepot As we know all have a purpose. BTW, I love your company and buy 99.9999999 % of my purchases from Y'all...love the rewards, east and west coast warehouses...Y'all are fantastic!

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
MarineDepot As we know all have a purpose. BTW, I love your company and buy 99.9999999 % of my purchases from Y'all...love the rewards, east and west coast warehouses...Y'all are fantastic!

Screen-Shot-2015-11-12-at-7.17.01-PM-688x490-e1485945251193.png

newbreefer316

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Unable to see the video, anyway you all could make a diagram/poster with the info on it? I was actually searching for the answer to this question a couple weeks ago but couldn't find any solid enough resources so I went with the Elite value pack. I've got 250 gallons of system volume but I'm thinking about starting out with just 2 or 3 bags.

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
Unable to see the video, anyway you all could make a diagram/poster with the info on it? I was actually searching for the answer to this question a couple weeks ago but couldn't find any solid enough resources so I went with the Elite value pack. I've got 250 gallons of system volume but I'm thinking about starting out with just 2 or 3 bags.

We'll create a PDF and paste a link here shortly. :cool:

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
Chemi-Pure
  • Contents
    • Granulated carbon, ion exchange resins
  • Tank Type
    • Any light bioload freshwater and saltwater aquarium
  • Benefits
    • Clear and contaminant-free water
Chemi-Pure Elite
  • Contents
    • Granulated Carbon, ion exchange resins, and granulated ferric oxide
  • Tank Type
    • Any medium-heavy bioload freshwater or saltwater aquarium
  • Benefits
    • Clear and contaminant-free water with the added benefit of long-lasting phosphate control
Chemi-Pure Blue
  • Contents
    • Extruded pelletized carbon, phosphate adsorption resin, and organic scavenger resin
  • Tank Type
    • Higher pH tanks such as saltwater reef tanks, African Cichlids, Goldfish and Koi
  • Benefits
    • Clear and contaminant-free water with the added benefit of quick phosphate control and organic waste removal
Chemi-Pure Green
  • Contents
    • Extruded pelletized carbon, ion exchange resins, and organic scavenger resin
  • Tank Type
    • Freshwater planted aquariums
  • Benefits
    • Clear and contaminant-free water with the added benefit of organic waste control without aggressive phosphate removal which helps benefit plant growth

Back