Which Coral or Fish Has Broken Your Heart?

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This trachy broke my heart! I think it was my long nose yellow butterfly that did him in.

1669815189943.jpeg

aws2266

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a starki damsel and was my favorite fish. I added a PBT and the starki did not like it. He was always hiding and dashing to cover whenever the tang came near him. As far as I could see there was no bullying going on, just the tang swimming side to side. Anyway, the starki got a cut on his side from dashing to the rocks(I assume) and didn't make it. I'm still bummed about it.

Tired

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Clown goby. Came in super skinny, only way I could get him fattened up was by keeping him in a breeder box constantly full of BBS, and then, when he was finally starting to do well, he managed to jump onto the lid of the box. I didn't find him in time, and I have no idea if I could have seen him in time if I'd looked earlier in the day.

Lineatus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i had a mini maxi eat my beloved mated pair of twin spot gobies over night. Had them for around 6 months, it was so rewarding seeing them go from stick thin to almost overweight. Traumatising seeing them pooped out of the maxis mouth, in a brown sac……….

Dave-T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My regal angel. Prettiest fish in my tank. Eating well. Seemingly a model citizen. But my acans looked like somebody had been eating them, so the regal had to go. Even though I never saw him doing anything wrong. Now he’s hiding under the egg crate in my frag tank, staring at me like a poor inmate, jailed without a trial.

OP
OP
PeterC99

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My regal angel. Prettiest fish in my tank. Eating well. Seemingly a model citizen. But my acans looked like somebody had been eating them, so the regal had to go. Even though I never saw him doing anything wrong. Now he’s hiding under the egg crate in my frag tank, staring at me like a poor inmate, jailed without a trial.
Can you put the acans in the frag tank and put the regal back in the display?

Regal angel is a spectacular fish!

itsmexanderb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Paddington, my White Tail Bristletooth, for me. Died unexpectedly in the care of the tank-sitter when I was out of town, lodged under a rock nowhere to be found, and by the time I came back he had practically dissolved to the bone and I had to remove him from my tank in several parts. Still don't quite know what happened as he was fat and healthy, and I didn't lose anybody else. Absolutely gut-wrenching as he was my favorite fish and I had owned him for well over a year and a half :(

spsick

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clown tang. I don’t see them imported any more which makes sense if they die in captivity.

Dave-T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you put the acans in the frag tank and put the regal back in the display?

Regal angel is a spectacular fish!
I could, but there are other corals I’d like, that he might go after. And with him in the tank, every time a softie started illin, I’d be looking at him, when maybe I need to be paying affection to something else.

anabechara

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wheeler's goby. He was my second fish ever. He was such a cool fellow... would rush out of his hiding spot to eat... he would then sit on a rock and look at me for a while... he jumped to his death one night even though I have a lid... My blind dog found him the next day. It was a very sad day.

Thomas Jedlicka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This trachy broke my heart! I think it was my long nose yellow butterfly that did him in.

1669815189943.jpeg

my narrow lined puffer. had the guy for almost two years snd loved him to death. he just up and died while i was away at college

OSFF

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Leopard wrasse. Was in awe of its whimsical swim and how it buried itself at night to sleep. Was gutted that it died so quickly.
it's all about finding the right specimen for this one. Bad collection practices or internal parasites were most likely the cause for loss. They are a pretty easy species otherwise.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where to begin.......

A few years back, loosing hundreds, if not thousands(with todays market) in euphyllia on a tank move(brought in a euphyllia eating flatworm from some LR).

The one that really got to me, watching a leopard wrasse I had for 10 years waste away because she couldn't eat(she broke her beak when she dove into the sand from being scared).

OP
OP
PeterC99

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where to begin.......

A few years back, loosing hundreds, if not thousands(with todays market) in euphyllia on a tank move(brought in a euphyllia eating flatworm from some LR).

The one that really got to me, watching a leopard wrasse I had for 10 years waste away because she couldn't eat(she broke her beak when she dove into the sand from being scared).
Wow - a wrasse for 10 years!

Very impressive!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 24 30.8%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 62 79.5%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 12 15.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 9.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.1%
Back