Which easy to use dosing pump should I get for my tank?

Cantusaurus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 32 gallon AIO reef tank. It's been up for almost a year and a half. I've recently been thinking of getting a dosing pump.
If anyone has suggestions let me know. I want something relatively inexpensive.

A couple dosers stood out to me (since they are inexpensive).
The Kamoer single channel seems good. Could I only dose Alk with it? And just hand dose do Mag, and Calcium, once or twice a week? (And test as as well)
- Or would dosing all for reef be better?

There's also the Jebao 2 - 4 channel dosers. I'm not sure how good these are, and it seems semi difficult to calibrate.

The Jebao Wifi 4 channel Doser also peaked my interest especially since it is not too expensive for a Wifi doser.
- I saw a used one at my LFS for $60. Not sure if it is worth it or not, and most likely spending an extra $15 dollars is more worth it.

Which would be better between the Wifi and Non wifi Jebaos? And would the Kamoer be better then the jebaos?

Any advice would be appreciated :)
I do not mind doing some maintenance on them occasionally/making sure they are working properly, but let me know if there are any things in particular I should be aware of/tips on how to maintain dosing pumps in general.

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use two jebao dosers and they have worked fine. No experience with the wifi version sorry.

Using a single channel doser for alk and then calc and mg manually should be fine. I still only do mg manually about once a month.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Bubble magus bt-01 or Henson Dp-4

Little c big D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been running the x1 Kaomer for A4R for a few weeks and it's been running well. Easy to calibrate. As for longevity, time will tell. I believe 4 can be linked in succession and programmed to 1 ap

TastesLikeChicken

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS dosing pump. Easy to use. Reliable. Simple. You will need to do the math, however, and place it on a timer depending on how much you want to dose.

dank reefer

IG: dankreefer_IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the money go with the Kamoer pump.

Just note that the BT only version (the cheaper one) will lose its stop dosing if there happens to be a power outage and they only way to get it back up and running is to connect it back to the app.

I cannot confirm for the wifi version of the pump, but I do run the Kamoer F4 pro and with a power outage it will not stop dosing as it stores its program on the unit itself.

You can dose Tropic Marin All for Reef as it contains all 3 elements in 1 solution. Polylabs One does as well, but do not think it would be viable to dose with a pump as it constantly needs to be shaken before dosing the tank.

OP
OP
Cantusaurus

Cantusaurus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you everyone for your replies. I will definitely at least get the Kamoer 1x pump. I'm not too worried about a power outage, and a small fluctuation won't be the worst thing in the world, and I can fix the issue.
I am thinking between the Kamoer and the Jebao 3.4 Wifi.
I feel automating my carbon dosing will also be useful, and getting the Jebao 4 channel doser would be perfect.
Hmm. A lot to consider.

jgirardnrg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you everyone for your replies. I will definitely at least get the Kamoer 1x pump. I'm not too worried about a power outage, and a small fluctuation won't be the worst thing in the world, and I can fix the issue.
I am thinking between the Kamoer and the Jebao 3.4 Wifi.
I feel automating my carbon dosing will also be useful, and getting the Jebao 4 channel doser would be perfect.
Hmm. A lot to consider.
The Jebao might need the heads rebuilt when you get it. A lot of them came from the factory with the heads assembled wrong. I have one on the shelf that I had to fix out of the box. I replaced it with with the X1's for accuracy reasons.

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the money go with the Kamoer pump.

Just note that the BT only version (the cheaper one) will lose its stop dosing if there happens to be a power outage and they only way to get it back up and running is to connect it back to the app.

I cannot confirm for the wifi version of the pump, but I do run the Kamoer F4 pro and with a power outage it will not stop dosing as it stores its program on the unit itself.

You can dose Tropic Marin All for Reef as it contains all 3 elements in 1 solution. Polylabs One does as well, but do not think it would be viable to dose with a pump as it constantly needs to be shaken before dosing the tank.
+1 this route. The basic Kaomer and All-For-Reef would satisfy your needs

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the red sea doser with all for reef powder in a 5l resivor wich right now says it will last forever but only dosing. 5ml a day literally years lol..it has a super easy app and set up seriously easy for me, I have a 4 head and the 2 head. I like them both I check accuracy its spot on or within a drop.

16347822882383707962139296736796.jpg Screenshot_20211020-221311_ReefBeat.jpg 16347825355193240011579454353336.jpg

OP
OP
Cantusaurus

Cantusaurus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm. If I do the Kamoer, the all for reef the powder form is a much better option right? Since it will last much longer.

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm. If I do the Kamoer, the all for reef the powder form is a much better option right? Since it will last much longer.
I got the 2 head for a quick back up. And its less than most out there. And app/set up is so easy!

The powder seems ok but I only check alk, cal,mag, nitrate and phosphates so far i don't have enough information and time with it to say how it is.

Back