Which filter floss do you use with the Red Sea filter media cup?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

newreef1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
about a year or so, and they are 10 micron filtration. I soak them out every 8 days... SPS tank doing great, 14 months old tank.
These are good in larger tanks? I have a 200gallon. So you leave them in and then just rinse them out once a week and put them back in?

newreef1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are good in larger tanks? I have a 200gallon. So you leave them in and then just rinse them out once a week and put them back in?
Just ordered two boxes. I plan on putting charcoal on the bottom , these in the middle and a bio foam filter on the top. The top will catch the bigger particles, extra food and debris etc. these will help clean the smaller particles and the charcoal will help clean the water clean and clear. That way I can remove the foam filter every couple days rinse to remove the food and then rinse these every week or so. What do you guys think? Thinking of buying something like this and just cutting to fit into my media holder. Trying to make something that will last longer and not require replacing filter floss every couple days, seems like a waste to me. Let me know your thoughts

newreef1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just ordered two boxes. I plan on putting charcoal on the bottom , these in the middle and a bio foam filter on the top. The top will catch the bigger particles, extra food and debris etc. these will help clean the smaller particles and the charcoal will help clean the water clean and clear. That way I can remove the foam filter every couple days rinse to remove the food and then rinse these every week or so. What do you guys think? Thinking of buying something like this and just cutting to fit into my media holder. Trying to make something that will last longer and not require replacing filter floss every couple days, seems like a waste to me. Let me know your thoughts
Fluval FX4/FX5/FX6 Filter Media, Replacement Aquarium Canister Filter Media

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 38 32.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back