Which fish should I bring out of QT today?

Vote for the group of tangs to be added to the 112 gallon tank today

• Total voters
OP
OP
innovusaquaculture

innovusaquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK. I just did a Lyertail and Tang head count and everyone is accounted for. I have taken to doing that every morning.

Everyone seems to be in very good shape and happy.

The other day a friend was over, before I put the new Octo skimmer on when the tank was still cloudy, and commented that I shouldn't show the live stream when the tank was not looking it's best.

I started the live stream before there were fish in the tank and I've decided that no mater what the live stream will continue. This is reality TV at it's best. If bad things happen, then the world will see that I am a poor fish keeper. I'm going to be completely honest about what my skills are. When I need help I'm going to ask. And everyone is going to get to see.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I gave up on the PM skimmer and put the Octo on the tank this morning it is skimming away.

The live stream is looking great now!

So, we've got to start taking about a pair of clowns for this tank. Anyone have any ideas?
No maroons or other highly aggressive clowns. I keep hearing nightmare stories of maroon female clownfish. Other than that. pick a design/color.

OP
OP
innovusaquaculture

innovusaquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No maroons or other highly aggressive clowns. I keep hearing nightmare stories of maroon female clownfish. Other than that. pick a design/color.
I was thinking about a Picasso Clown and a Davinci Clown

Attachments

• 1337.jpg
    1337.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 24
  • 13543.jpg
    13543.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 17
OP
OP
innovusaquaculture

innovusaquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The larger purple tang has taken a liking to the the food in the Lyertail auto feeder (BRS Calanus). This auto feeder feeds three times a day. Every once in a while I push the button to feed more as a surprise. On the other side of the tank at the same time in the morning and evening feeding the Tangs get PE pellets.

So, the larger Purple Tang has now figured out that if he checks the Lyertail feeder ring every 15 seconds constantly he can eat all their food before they have a chance at it. He swims over to the ring every 15 seconds, then over to the rocks and picks at them for 15 seconds, then back to the ring. 3 times a days or 3 out of every 5,760 trips he gets a payout. What else does he have to do all day long?

And the feeder pays better then Las Vegas slots.

OP
OP
innovusaquaculture

innovusaquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added the first coral last night. It is a single polyp of zoa. If you look at the live stream you can see it at the bottom of the screen just to the right of the middle.

We will see how it does before adding more.

Last edited:
OP
OP
innovusaquaculture

innovusaquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last night I scraped these off the frag rack in the 55 gallon tank and glued them to a frag rock and added them to the tank. I don't know if they are called anything, but they are pretty, so they meet me qualification for having them.

_MG_9794.jpg

If you know what they are called then please reply.

I think they are out of view of the live stream, so this picture will have to do.

I have more that will come out of QT over the next couple months.

~37 days to stage one CUC coming out of QT! (Look, I'm becoming a real reefer. I used an acronym.)

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 39.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 14 23.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.4%
Back