Which fish should I bring out of QT today?

Vote for the group of tangs to be added to the 112 gallon tank today

• Total voters

JCM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was about to question your sanity until I saw the 450g comment. I'd add them all together. A 450g should be sufficient for all of them.

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Gem is a beauty— everyone else in there so far is hiding. My wife and I are going out for ice cream, but I will definitely look for some “action” again when I get back! :)

OP
OP
innovusaquaculture

innovusaquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My intention was to have LOTS of ugly growing algae all over the place so that every where a new tang went there was food. That way they knew they weren't competing with each other for resources.

That idea seems to have worked because about an hour and a half in they are all swimming together eating off glass, rocks and sand.

There is no agression at this point. Whatever there was seems to have sorted it's self out. We will see if that is longer term. This many tangs in this small a space will be challenging.

OP
OP
innovusaquaculture

innovusaquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flow looks too high, I see them being pushed by current. But that's my own opinion.
Flow looks too high, I see them being pushed by current. But that's my own opinion.
yes, That could be. They are all at the end of the tank away from that wave maker. This amount of flow didn't seam to bother the Anthias. I'm going to give them a bit more time to get used to it before I turn it down. They did all just come from QT for several month that had very little flow.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Gem tang does not like powder blue. He tried to tail swipe him. And they are small. It would take months for them to get used to the flow.

Edit: powder brown, not blue. sorry

OP
OP
innovusaquaculture

innovusaquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gem tang does not like powder blue. He tried to tail swipe him. And they are small. It would take months for them to get used to the flow.

Edit: powder brown, not blue. sorry
The Gem Tang is the smallest of the bunch and is the biggest bully. The Powder Brown is the biggest of the bunch and the biggest sissy.

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like the experiment is going well... like they say at the hospital ICU, "Let's see what the next 48-72 hours bring." (LOL) :D I didn't know whether that was your camera's flicker-rate, of just massive flow in the tank, but it did seem to me that the Tangs are getting pretty blown about. Other than that, "2 thumbs up" and best wishes. You will have a great collection of fish for your 450 gallon. (Right now I wouldn't push anything else into your current tank. I know it's hard... "One last fish." Famous last words.)

OP
OP
innovusaquaculture

innovusaquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sitting here watching and the colors of the fish keep getting deeper and more pronounced.

The purples get darker, the powder brown is getting more colors. The tomini is getting more beautiful.

They are all picking at the rocks, glass and sand. They are doing what tangs a supposed to do.

OP
OP
innovusaquaculture

innovusaquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like the experiment is going well... like they say at the hospital ICU, "Let's see what the next 48-72 hours bring." (LOL) :D I didn't know whether that was your camera's flicker-rate, of just massive flow in the tank, but it did seem to me that the Tangs are getting pretty blown about. Other than that, "2 thumbs up" and best wishes. You will have a great collection of fish for your 450 gallon. (Right now I wouldn't push anything else into your current tank. I know it's hard... "One last fish." Famous last words.)
I guess I should reveal that I have a Black Tang in QT right now.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 66 37.3%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.1%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 27 15.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back