OP
OP
M

millie21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking at your pics. Your tank don't look too far out of wack. In fact it looks pretty good. Fish look fat and healthy too.

Thanks :) I just started feeding them more because I think I was underfeeding. I now feed a mix of flakes, pellets and Reef Frenzy 2-3 times a day (small portions). The yellow and purple tang though have a serious case of fin erosion. The purple is slighty agressive towards my yellow.

I’d definitely get rid of them. The ones you have are terror regardless of tank size. Pretty much two fish that should not be sold in the hobby. Almost any of the Chrysiptera species would be a great in that tank though. I like Azure, Rolland’s, Talbots, and yellow tails the best. Stick with either pairs or large groups of each types though. Trios don’t work well longterm.

J.S. Any suggestions how to catch them?

Muttley000

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a guy in my local club that would file the barb off a small hook and go fishing for them, worked amazingly well!

jsvand5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a guy in my local club that would file the barb off a small hook and go fishing for them, worked amazingly well!

You can use micro fishing hooks, the issue is getting the right fish to take the bait.

OP
OP
M

millie21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would be scared to catch the other fishes and hurt them. But it could be my last resort. The hassle if every time I catch one I will have to drive to the store to give them back. I could drive many at same time it wouldn't be too bad.... How many hours can I keep a fish in a bucket?

Skydvr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quite a long time. Anything more than a couple of hours, I’d run an air pump to keep the water oxygenated. If it will be more than a day, I’d put some polyfilter in there to help take up waste byproducts.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 100 86.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back