Which hanging kit / rails / tracks to hang 2 Radion XR15Ws for 36" tank?

Giraffe0621

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm trying to figure out which hanging kit, rails or tracks, etc. are needed to hang 2 Radion XR15W lights on a 36" wide tank (RedSea Reefer 250).

Would 1 Premium Hanging Kit & a Short Rail Kit sufficient? I'm a little confused, since the short & long rail kits mention the XR30W in their name on the BRS website. Do these not work for the XR15W as well?

The RMS tracks are only if you want to use the mounting arms on the side or back of the tank, right?

Sorry, having a lot of trouble deciphering which parts I actually need! Thanks for any help!

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let see if we can get you some answers. I have see some made with 80/20 rails

OP
OP
Giraffe0621

Giraffe0621

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thank you @jsker , I would really appreciate it!

Strangely enough it seems like it would be equally priced to buy 2 premium hanging kits, with no central bar/rail connecting the two. Not sure if it would look better, or worse that way.

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thank you @jsker , I would really appreciate it!

Strangely enough it seems like it would be equally priced to buy 2 premium hanging kits, with no central bar/rail connecting the two. Not sure if it would look better, or worse that way.
I wonder if you could use the AI HMS hanging system link both companies are the same. I am going to replace what I have with the single arm mounts:)

OP
OP
Giraffe0621

Giraffe0621

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder if you could use the AI HMS hanging system link both companies are the same. I am going to replace what I have with the single arm mounts:)

I'll check those out thank you @jsker --quick question. What do you mean "both companies are the same?" Are they owned by the same parent company?

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll check those out thank you @jsker --quick question. What do you mean "both companies are the same?" Are they owned by the same parent company?
Yes, I think Echotech owns AI, not exactly up of that exactly but I do know that they are one so part should interchangeable :)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back