which is a better tank for a nano build? fluval flex 15 or innovative marine 15?

dcreasy9880

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have an empty fluval flex 15 that i have debated on setting up as a nano reef tank, But im wondering should i use it or sell it and purchase the innovative marine 15? Which one of the 2 do yall think would be better, and why? on one side i already have the fluval flex with an upgraded return pump, but it has the high and low filter intakes, Where the innovative marine has just the one over flow, and my lfs sells the tank for $99 out of yalls experience what do yall think would be best thanks.

OP
OP
D

dcreasy9880

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IM because IM rocks! You can use your upgraded return pump in the IM. Visually, I like the IM better.
well actually i think my lfs may sell it for a little more than 99 simply because the provide a upgraded return pump as well but yes i feel like i would enjoy the look of the IM better but i have also seen some very good-looking flex reefs.

TopClamSkoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have an empty fluval flex 15 that i have debated on setting up as a nano reef tank, But im wondering should i use it or sell it and purchase the innovative marine 15? Which one of the 2 do yall think would be better, and why? on one side i already have the fluval flex with an upgraded return pump, but it has the high and low filter intakes, Where the innovative marine has just the one over flow, and my lfs sells the tank for $99 out of yalls experience what do yall think would be best thanks.
Had an IM 25 lagoon several years ago. Very well made! Highly recommend it. Thick glass too! But I think the 15 has a thinner glass... I could be wrong. Either way, for the price... Craftsmanship is great!

I have a UNS 9 gallon right now. It's a great tank and very well made .. but I wish I got an IM if I could go back.... I just like it better.

OP
OP
D

dcreasy9880

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i personally would go IM, i had a flex 15 as a reef tank and the bowed front on such a small tank was a pain to keep clean and view/photograph through most of the time without wild distortion
I could def see that!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back